Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Ukraine. Thoughts / predictions / bets

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
England travel to Ukraine tonight, for their most important fixture in a while. Weird how little people care about it, given that they'll mostly all be gutted if next year's WC comes round, and we're not there.

Going to be tough tonight. Hoping for a draw.

Just tiny bets for fun tonight, as its a tough one to call:

Result, draw @ 11/5
Correct score, 0-0 @ 15/2
Last goal-scorer, Ross Barkley @ 19/1

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thoughts: It's my 2 year wedding anniversary tonight. Balls.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'll be going for the draw, with a cheeky 2-2 correct score alongside it...mostly as it's quite easy to cashout on that for a profit with betfair.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I hope they don't travel to Ukraine tonight, they'll miss the match! :cool:

As long as England don't lose, it won't ruin my Birthday! However I think we may lose 1-0

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The teams drew at Wembley thanks an 87th min equaliser from the spot by Lampard. Mind you, we deserved the point in all fairness.

Away from home, I can't actually see us winning this - I'd take a draw all day long. Looking at the table, I think Ukraine would take that too. Ukraine can afford to draw it and leapfrog Macedonia, but a defeat would leave qualification out of their hands.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
I'll give it a 2-1 win , I went to last years Euro game and I reckon we have improved more than Ukraine . We have a lot of attacking options now and I am sure Woy will play this way and go for the win !

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Lewes are playing, who cares about England.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I'll give it a 2-1 win , I went to last years Euro game and I reckon we have improved more than Ukraine . We have a lot of attacking options now and I am sure Woy will play this way and go for the win !

Really?

Rooney out
Welbeck out
Sturridge out
Andy Carroll out
Oxlade-Chamberlain out

Where exactly are all of these attacking options, or did the sarcasm just *whoosh* over my head?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

*Cough* He's replaced Welbeck with Milner...

It'll be a draw.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The teams drew at Wembley thanks an 87th min equaliser from the spot by Lampard. Mind you, we deserved the point in all fairness.

Away from home, I can't actually see us winning this - I'd take a draw all day long. Looking at the table, I think Ukraine would take that too. Ukraine can afford to draw it and leapfrog Macedonia, but a defeat would leave qualification out of their hands.

Can I just say it's GREAT to see you contributing to England threads in a fairly positive manner and even refering to your country as 'us' :)

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Can I just say it's GREAT to see you contributing to England threads in a fairly positive manor and even refering to your country as 'us' :)
A young Simster, outside his "postive manor":

058204_5b1c6784.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here