Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I wouldn't mind doing a post-match show as opposed to a pre-match show, but it would ideally have to be the next day.

For one, one would need cool heads to present it (doing it immediately after, say, the Millwall game, where we're still fuming at the ref wouldn't make for such good radio), and two as KNC points out, we're gaily marching down the road away from Sobrietyville immediately post-match.

However, one of the great things about the post-match beers in WSU and WSL is everyone talks to everyone else about the game, and we take on board some of the feelings of fellow supporters - especially taking into account things we hadn't thought of.

Thanks for the kind words, though.

As a heads-up, we have another former Albion player in the studio on October 5. More on that later.

I think ideally this would be the optimum timing from a podcast perspective. However, would it be a challenge to get the same calibre of guests on a Sunday morning?

Any idea on the split between the number of live listeners v podcast?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think ideally this would be the optimum timing from a podcast perspective. However, would it be a challenge to get the same calibre of guests on a Sunday morning?

Sunday morning?

Got me there - what's that?

Any idea on the split between the number of live listeners v podcast?

Got to be honest, we've no idea how many listeners we get on air. Radio Reverb doesn't have the funds to do that kind of research; nor does it have the funds to broadcast on DAB. We ask for feedback on the various platforms as to what people think of the shows, but this thread has one of the few times we've received it. We do suspect, however, that there are far more podcast listeners than 'live' listeners.

I would say that our most popular show (i.e. most downloaded) was when Inigo Calderon was the guest in March.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
The best shows are definitely when you have people associated with the club, as much as this weeks show was good its far more interesting to hear from players and ex players in that type of environment. Adam Virgo was particularly good in recent weeks.

Would love to hear from Charlie Oatway now but I guess thats a bit to soon.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
not bad .....apart from the lefty views that get aired .....making it sound like a "students rights" meeting.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
As a previous guest I agree that Al and Ady really do a crackin job. The fact that it is one hour of uninterrupted chat from true, proper Brighton fans is great. As TMLS says as well, it allows for true fans to say what they think and not bumlick the club along the way. Essential listening for me down the gym.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Really enjoy it, the only thing is (for me as a podcast listener) it's always a game behind, personally I'd prefer it was recorded post-match rather than pre, as they're always discussing and making predictions about a match which has already happened if you listen via podcast, which I'm guessing the majority does?

Keep up the good work, also when is Virgs back on? Was finding part one of his story really interesting.

More than getting Virgs back on, we're going to let him present it.

Just... don't tell him yet. :)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
not bad .....apart from the lefty views that get aired .....making it sound like a "students rights" meeting.

Not at all. The only time "politics" is mentioned is in a football context eg FIFA, the FA, boardroom stuff.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I am a big fan of The Roar. The guests are great and there are some really interesting stories from people connected with the club and from 'run-of-the-mill' fans.

You could always do a Monday/Tuesday night 'mini' podcast to reveiw the weekends action, I'm sure that would go down just as well...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I am a big fan of The Roar. The guests are great and there are some really interesting stories from people connected with the club and from 'run-of-the-mill' fans.

You could always do a Monday/Tuesday night 'mini' podcast to reveiw the weekends action, I'm sure that would go down just as well...

Yes and make the saturday one half an hour longer

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

We could, but you have to bear in mind we use a radio station's facilities. While we pay to do our hour long show, we'd have to pay for another hour if we did that.

Yes and make the saturday one half an hour longer

The station only operates on hour-long slots.

Of course, if someone wants to give us some high-end recording equipment, we can do it in the pub. That way, anyone could join in, and we wouldn't be beholden to the station's schedules.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We're recording this week's show this evening - so any questions for him, let's have them...

Assuming you mean Virgo...

1.) Why didn't it work out for Mickey second time round?
2.) Was Russell Slade too much of a nice guy?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here