Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Preston v Oldham

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Just watched tonight's League 1 game between these two sides. What a terrific advertisement for League 1 soccer. Lots of fast, flowing, one-touch football on display, particularly from Oldham, who had over 60% of the possession; and the result was a travesty of justice based on the overall quality of play/chances created. OG could do a lot worse than run the rule over some of the young players from Oldham. Schmeltz, Smith and Philliskirk impressed me a lot and Tarkowski was very, very good. I'm going to have a small wager tonight on Oldham to secure promotion this season. They can only get better in my view. Anyone else as impressed as me with the standard of tonight's game, and many of the players?

Jimmy Grimble

Was a fantastic match. As you say, Tarkowski was very impressive, as was the left back (Mills?). Felt sorry for Oldham, they deserved to win. They played with real style and at a quick tempo. The spells of domination they had were like nothing I had seen from an away team who were supposedly underdogs going into the match.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Was a fantastic match. As you say, Tarkowski was very impressive, as was the left back (Mills?). Felt sorry for Oldham, they deserved to win. They played with real style and at a quick tempo. The spells of domination they had were like nothing I had seen from an away team who were supposedly underdogs going into the match.

Cheers. I was beginning to think that I was alone in my view, and that my judgement had been clouded by a bottle of red. :smile:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Was a good match for the neutral and a good example of how the scoreline doesnt reflect the match.

Preston had only 1% possession in the opposition half at 1 stage too, I bet they are chuffed with a win tonight as according to the stats, they dont really deserve it !!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Tarkowski looked promising against us three years ago but hasnt seemed to have progressed since. Maybe he needed that bit of time or perhaps like many players he would make more progress playing in a higher league where quality pays greater dividends than endeavour

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here