Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
As i have said before i wish he would hurry up and die

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We can only hope that, as the tournament gets nearer, the various leagues around the world resist any moves to hold the tournament in winter and eventually, fearing meltdown, Fifa come begging for some country to host the tournament at the last minute and, looking at how well 2012 went, surely we would humbly offer our services.

Irrespective of his comments, European football is still the dominant force in world football. It's where the money is and it's where the best players seek to ply their trade.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
It's not the leagues that hold the power now it is the clubs and if it looks like the 2022 WC interferes with TV deals and their incomes they will simply say you can have your World Cup in Qatar when you like but you aren't using our players.

If FIFA tried to stop that there is nothing to stop the major clubs starting their own leagues and cups and saying up yours to Blatter

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Irrespective of his comments, European football is still the dominant force in world football. It's where the money is and it's where the best players seek to ply their trade.

Agree with that. But the clubs now hold the power, not the leagues.

It's a mess. How could they award the WC in the knowledge that it would have to be played in the European winter?

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
I really hope this tournament is boycotted. Blatter knows he's ****ed up and he's trying to worm his way out. I can't help feel that if it was a country that hadn't 'invested' so much in winning the hosting of the tournament Blatter wouldn't think twice about moving it.

It needs to be boycotted by all parties involved; the leagues, the players, and the fans. Then the sponsors will pull out. Then fifa will implode. Job done.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Also, Blatter implies that european countries feel they have first dibs on every world cup. Where's he got that from? We got Russia 2018. A new country, new stadia, a new footballing legacy (tm fifa), and new chairs to luzz.

All other three countries quatar were up against were more suitable and seeing as japorea and the us have hosted in the not too distant past australia was the natural choice. Never hosted before, footy getting more popular there, established stadia, sporty population and plenty of beer.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I really hope this tournament is boycotted. Blatter knows he's ****ed up and he's trying to worm his way out. I can't help feel that if it was a country that hadn't 'invested' so much in winning the hosting of the tournament Blatter wouldn't think twice about moving it.

It needs to be boycotted by all parties involved; the leagues, the players, and the fans. Then the sponsors will pull out. Then fifa will implode. Job done.
Correct...let me see...Blatter was part of the committee that awarded the WC to Qatar...then when it is pointed out that the heat will ruin players and games...he....then says it should be moved....the mind boggles.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Who are we, the Europeans, to demand that this event has to cater to the needs of 800million Europeans above all?

we're the ones who pay for lovely TV and sponsorship money you love, Blatter you mong.

the european leagues are not going to agree to a 6-8 week break in their season, even those that take a couple of weeks off now.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No, it really doesn't. You're a very angry individual and I suggest you seek help.

He's as corrupt as they come - I won't be shedding any tears when nature finally catches up with him.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Blatter could not have made a bigger blunder if he had tried. Yet he is still in place. The right thing for him to do is resign, then to 'abort mission' before this whole sorry mess gets out of hand, then get a new man in who will have an enquiry, then give the WC to Australia who already have the infrastructure.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
He's as corrupt as they come - I won't be shedding any tears when nature finally catches up with him.

Unfortunately the utterly contemptable and corrupt blatter will likely be replaced by the equally if not more anti-English platini, a man so overtly xenophobic towards anything not conforming to his Franco-centric worldview that FIFA will be no better off or less corrupt having that bellend in charge.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Blatter has made a big deal of moving away from a Eurocentric perspective so replacing a German with a Frenchman is hardly in keeping with FIFA's direction.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
If I had made the mistake that SB has made and which involves gazillions of £s or $s, I would probably jump off that, whatever its name is, very tall hotel in Dubai, although I suspect he would land on very soft sand, creating an oil well from which he would be applauded for making an excellent return !

Almost certainly the biggest cock up ever in terms of just about anything sporting I suppose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here