Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHAFC Match Reporters

Tsp92

Aug 1, 2013
The Midlands
Evening chaps,

Been recommended this site by a Brighton fan friend who lives down the street from me, so I'm hoping you might be able to help me out a little.

Over the summer I've been working on a bit of project for myself that I hope somewhere down the line will take off. Part of the project is basically to find people who are interested in talking or blogging about their own team. Since then I've been trying to find fans who would be willing to participate. Anyway to stop boring you all, I was recommended popping on her and seeing if anybody could/would be willing to help me out on the blogging front for Brighton. One other thing I was going to ask if you didn't mind was - who are the Brighton Bloggers/Journo's/Fan Favourites on Twitter, as they might be able to help me even if nobody on this site would be interested.

Just to give you a sense of what I'd be looking for;

- Weekly (or whenever you can make it) match reports.
- Anything sports and/or Brighton related whenever you fancied it.

Anyone who is interested or who has details of your clubs Bloggers on Twitter, please feel free to PM me, respond in here or tweet me directly!

Cheers lads and lasses & good luck for the remainder of the season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
PM Chiltern Gull, writes a blog virtually weekly

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What project is this? A collection of blog articles and fans' match reports from all 92 clubs?

Tsp92

Aug 1, 2013
The Midlands
Pretty much along those lines Goldstone Rapper, obviously won't be everyones cup of tea and that's to be expected so apologies if it's not something that interests you. With regards to Beach Hut, thanks for the response! I will consider that.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Pretty much along those lines Goldstone Rapper, obviously won't be everyones cup of tea and that's to be expected so apologies if it's not something that interests you. With regards to Beach Hut, thanks for the response! I will consider that.

Brave you for being willing to manage and massage the egos of 92 football bloggers each week!

Tsp92

Aug 1, 2013
The Midlands
Brave or stupid, it's worth a blast I suppose! It'l either go very well, or very breasts up.

Cheers for the replies anyway.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It's quite a hard nut to crack. Strange, really, considering that there are already bloggers for each of the 92 clubs.

I think the website 'Football League 72' had a crack at gathering bloggers of all clubs together at one time, but then prematurely tried to turn itself into a magazine, and flopped after one issue.

The thing you might want to consider is what the incentive is for people to continually give their time to write for the site. I'm not saying everything has to be about money, but there has to be something about your site that make bloggers want to be a part of it.

Also, from a readers' point of view, almost immediately, they can read match reports and news on the BBC website and, if they want to dig further, Google the main fans' forum of a particular team to get fans' views on a topical issue. What's going to make your match reports qualitatively different from what news people can get from the BBC or Sky website? Or even The Football League Paper? Or a newspaper? This is not an impossible question to answer. However, how you answer it will give a strong indication of the likely success of your site...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Time was when proper newspapers like The Observer used to pay good money for a quick post-match summary of Championship games.

When you say good money, roughly how much and what year are you talking about?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here