Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Florian Marange slams Crystal Palace for leaving him out of Premier League squad

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Just shows how clueless Holloway is. No well-thought-out plan in the transfer market, just pure panic buying. Embarrassing for them.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Sounds like he has been badly advised and needs to MAN up FFS. I mean he's probably on the best part of 20k/k week I'm sure the poor fella can make way with paying some rent.

What a pratt.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
"I am disgusted. If I knew that rule (Premier League list) I would have asked to add a clause on my contract."

Idiot for not doing his homework :facepalm:

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Absolutely priceless, you couldn`t make it up.
Shabby treatment from a shabby club, mind you he must have been desperate to get out of having to wear that awful French kit.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Get his contract cancelled and come and play for us. He'd be happy here.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
It sounds like a combination of bad advice and, to a degree, poor treatment of the player.

I don't understand why a club would buy a player and not put him into their 25 man squad. To a layman such as myself, it seems like a waste of money for the club and a waste of a career for the player; but there may be a sensible reason.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
So he's on a one year deal, during which time he won't be able to play a single Premier League game.

Did they just want him for their two cup games?

What a colossal waste of time.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It sounds like a combination of bad advice and, to a degree, poor treatment of the player.

I don't understand why a club would buy a player and not put him into their 25 man squad. To a layman such as myself, it seems like a waste of money for the club and a waste of a career for the player; but there may be a sensible reason.

Problem is nobody was counting and thought to tell Holloway to stop.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
"It is a real hassle. I have a good contract, I am earning a bit more than in Bordeaux, but living in London is 10 times more expensive. And I came to play."

You would have thought he would have researched the cost of living before his big move to the big bright lights of South Croydon.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
"I am disgusted. If I knew that rule (Premier League list) I would have asked to add a clause on my contract."

Isn't this where agents are supposed to earn their money?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Could do a job, we could take him on loan?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Perhaps they bought him and fully intended him to be in the 25 but then he turned out to be a bit shit in training, perhaps another player came back from injury much quicker than expected, who knows? Still bad planning though, granted.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
the article is obviously only one side of the story but very poor if accurate. Sounds like he is willing to cancel his contract so Palace may well get away with it (financially). After the stick we took from them this summer though (non football related) they are making themselves look like twats (football related).

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011

So he would've been happy being the 26th best player in the team, as long as he could legally play? Sounds daft.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here