Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The UK economy: well on the road to recovery?

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Until Quantitive Easing is completely stopped in the UK, the UK economy is completely on its arse. This is a clear sign the economy is broken.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Until Quantitive Easing is completely stopped in the UK, the UK economy is completely on its arse. This is a clear sign the economy is broken.

Is that the same in the USA and the rest of Europe then ?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Yes it is, without it we'd be on our arses here without a doubt. Announcement due that it is will be reduced significantly is expected in the next month.

Sorry it was more of a question to Hybrid . ecomomy is not brilliant but in a lot better shape than it was and certainly not broken

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
There was never as much wrong with it as the media was making out anyway.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
What is wrong with a "flat" economy?
It can not grow forever that is just common sense, so how high can it go and why can we not maintain it at a certain level?

Ask Gus?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Yes, undoubtedly. Rising house prices confirms it. Gideon has saved us all.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
0.6% growth is better than nothing, but this still could be the first government to leave office with a smaller one than the one they inherited.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's back to the same level it was when Labour left Number 10. Is this progress?

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
well on the road to recovery is a bit strong. A small step in the right direction is probably more accurate.

Being a borrower (in the financial sense rather than a thumb sized person) the economy being slight messed up is doing me a favour as the low interest rates are saving me about £600 a month on my mortgage. So from a purely selfish point of view I hope the recovery takes a while yet.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Glad you put a question mark at the end of the header.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
0.6% growth is better than nothing, but this still could be the first government to leave office with a smaller one than the one they inherited.

And whilst we're on the subject of the government is Cameron losing it? He completely misjudged the mood of parliament and the nation re Syria, then there was the embarassing outburst at G20 and today he is still trying to move forward with the pointless HS2 project dispite a fanciful timetable, escalating costs and a totally "unconvincing case" according to a parliamentary committee.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Apparently we are told and spun that we have turned a corner by Osbourne . What corner ? Where ?

Middle classes and the rich getting richer.

Unemployment is massive , the figures are a scam !

Could go on for hours , dont believe the spin , simply have a look around

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
And whilst we're on the subject of the government is Cameron losing it? He completely misjudged the mood of parliament and the nation re Syria, then there was the embarassing outburst at G20 and today he is still trying to move forward with the pointless HS2 project dispite a fanciful timetable, escalating costs and a totally "unconvincing case" according to a parliamentary committee.

Indeed. The funny thing is that that we need large infrastructure projects to help the country and get jobs but HS2 isn't one of them. It was ironically a pet project of Lord adonis under Labour and none of the people working on it really believed in it then.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If HS2 goes ahead then it will be a spectacular waste of money

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Wouldn't know about the economy overall, but I do know that I haven't had a pay rise for the last three years, and the savings interest rates are derisory because of government policy and quantitative easing - although somehow I still have a job for now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here