Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Physio saves a certain goal!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
In a match from Brazil, take a look at the sneaky Physio.

[yt]O2fv5vELlIY[/yt]

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can't really see what is "sneaky" about running onto the pitch, running onto the goal line, and kicking the ball clear twice.

I think "cheating" was the word you were looking for.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'm sure that's happened before. I remember a physio or ballboy stepping out from the back of the net to stop a goal in the eighties.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
What happens? Goal can't be given but I presume the physio is banned for life and the club get a massive financial or points fine and forfeit the game?

In theory it will be a drop-ball from where it hit the physio, but more likely match abandoned and forfeit.

Brazilian football is getting more ridiculous every week. On the basis this was televised it must have been a decent standard. Didn't a referee get decapitated out there a few weeks back after he stabbed a player?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I love the player in black and white chasing after him like a madman. :lolol: Was he on a Heskey-type 100 game run without a goal or something?!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
In theory it will be a drop-ball from where it hit the physio, but more likely match abandoned and forfeit.

Brazilian football is getting more ridiculous every week. On the basis this was televised it must have been a decent standard. Didn't a referee get decapitated out there a few weeks back after he stabbed a player?

It was Brazilian Serie D club Aparecidense, they were playing Tupi, the score was 2-2 which meant that Aparecidense were going to win the match on away goals, it was a cup game. Now it is in the hands of the "authorities" where Tupi are trying to get the result overturned.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Reminds me of this!

Why doesn't the ref just award the goal? The ball is very clearly about to go over the line, no debate about it. Football rules really are genuinely retarded at times.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Something else could have happened so for it to have been a certain goal, the ball would have had to have crossed the line legally.

In that situation what else could have happened? He literally clears it off the line while the ball has enough forward momentum for it to cross the line and no-one else close enough to get to the ball.

I also wonder if the Hawkeye goal line technology we have here could determine whether it would have crossed the line? They have the momentum etc... so would be simple to calculate whether it would have continued to cross the line without intervention.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here