Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disappointment for Brighton Fans

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Garica will look to sign Spanish talent

Oscar Garcia plans to bring in Spanish talent – when the time is right.
Albion’s head coach has yet to exploit his vast array of contacts at Barcelona, where he was a player and coach.
But he is confident of securing talent from his homeland when he has assessed the squad.
Oscar said: “Hopefully it happens but it isn’t easy because we have a budget and it is not so easy to bring in these players within that.
“Also, in the transfer window I had only just got here and needed to settle in and really evaluate what I had in the squad.

“But there are players who are open to the idea of coming here and I would hope that, during the three years I am here, we can bring in young players from Barcelona or other Spanish teams.”
Albion expect to bring in a loan striker early in the window, which opens tomorrow. The timing of the 93-day deal will depend on how Oscar, whose side go to Reading on Sunday, wants to use the player.
Oscar believes the addition will be good news for top scorer Leo Ulloa.
He added: “We need to make sure Leo maintains this level of performance until the end of the season.
“Leo is a player who, when he is happy in training and playing like he is now, he gives us a lot.”

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Where is the disappointmen??

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hardly disappointing just Oscar still assessing what squad we have a present

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I take it "Garica" doesn't intend staying beyond 3 years then

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Whats wrong with developing home grown talent?

What's wrong with developing home grown talent through our state of the art academy AND bringing in youngsters from one of the best youth systems on the planet?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Whats wrong with developing home grown talent?

Not being funny but when was the last time our youth system produced a striker who would be adequate to play upfront in the championship if god forbid, Ujjjoaaaaa gets injured.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
could the mods retitle this thread "Disappointment for one Brighton fan calling himself Drew"?
Much more accurate surely ???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here