Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gabby Agbonlahor - wipes put one direction star

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
After Gabby wiped out this alleged celebrity during a charity match, if you had the opportunity to take out a celebrity who would it be and why?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Wipes put?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
After Gabby wiped out this alleged celebrity during a charity match, if you had the opportunity to take out a celebrity who would it be and why?

I'd happily put Nadine Coyle on her back.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
mr jolly.jpg
Lovebucket: Look, did you or did you not take out Nicholas Parsons?
Ade: Yes!
Lovebucket: You did?
Ade: Yeah, we took him to the Dorchester!
Lovebucket: I know, but did you take him out?
Ade: Yeah, look, I've got the tattoo to prove it!
Lovebucket: No no, I meant take him right out.
Ade: Take him right out? What, Dorking?
Lovebucket: No no, I meant "Kill him".

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I made a trivial comment on twitter about one direction being one down and got a death threat in reply..... playground band/playground fans

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I made a trivial comment on twitter about one direction being one down and got a death threat in reply..... playground band/playground fans

That group have some seriously mental fans. When a magazine (think it was GQ) suggested one of them was a womaniser, the comments on Twitter were bonkers.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
That group have some seriously mental fans. When a magazine (think it was GQ) suggested one of them was a womaniser, the comments on Twitter were bonkers.

Indeed, some of their fans (as with those of Justin Bieber) are certifiable nutters.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
View attachment 46845
Lovebucket: Look, did you or did you not take out Nicholas Parsons?
Ade: Yes!
Lovebucket: You did?
Ade: Yeah, we took him to the Dorchester!
Lovebucket: I know, but did you take him out?
Ade: Yeah, look, I've got the tattoo to prove it!
Lovebucket: No no, I meant take him right out.
Ade: Take him right out? What, Dorking?
Lovebucket: No no, I meant "Kill him".

Kill Nicholas Parsons...Do It

Tonic water ye say?

Brilliant

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I played in a few charity matches with Southern Sound Radio (all stars) back in the 80's.
Tony Millard used to get the Albion kit for us and we'd have a couple of Newsreaders, Presenters and Sales team staff but to make the numbers up Tony used to bring in a couple of Albion players [these matches were usually over the summer time - off season].

Played with Danny Wilson, Terry Connor, Keiran O'Reagan, Chris Catlin, Gary O'Reilly [+ others I can't remember]. My impression was they did not ever feel the need to tackle tough since they could easily out-skill everyone on the park and did not want to risk any chance of injuring themselves. They had nothing to prove to the crowd watching ....

Strange then that Agbonlahor went in so hard, perhaps he just has personal issues with the fella? Did anything happen earlier in the game that this may have been revenge for?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I played in a few charity matches with Southern Sound Radio (all stars) back in the 80's.
Tony Millard used to get the Albion kit for us and we'd have a couple of Newsreaders, Presenters and Sales team staff but to make the numbers up Tony used to bring in a couple of Albion players [these matches were usually over the summer time - off season].

Played with Danny Wilson, Terry Connor, Keiran O'Reagan, Chris Catlin, Gary O'Reilly [+ others I can't remember]. My impression was they did not ever feel the need to tackle tough since they could easily out-skill everyone on the park and did not want to risk any chance of injuring themselves. They had nothing to prove to the crowd watching ....

Strange then that Agbonlahor went in so hard, perhaps he just has personal issues with the fella? Did anything happen earlier in the game that this may have been revenge for?

Perhaps he had heard him sing?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Agbonlahor did a pretty good rendition of The Lark Ascending at the Last Night of the Proms, so he had a busy weekend all in all.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
On a sub note of player testimonials, has anyone seen (our former loan star) Steve Harper's line-up for his tetimonial.

How the hell he's negotiated this I'll never know.

NEWCASTLE
Tino Asprilla, Peter Beardsley, John Beresford, Lee Bowyer, Olivier Bernard, Nicky Butt, Andy Cole, Nicos Dabizas, Kieron Dyer, Les Ferdinand, Ruel Fox, Keith Gillespie, Paul Kitson, Rob Lee, Liam O’Brien, Darren Peacock, Alessandro Pistone, Scott Sellars, Alan Shearer, Nobby Solano, Pavel Srnicek, Alan Thompson, Steve Watson & coach Steve Stone.

AC MILAN
Sebastiano Rossi, Massimo Taibi, Roberto Mussi, Franco Baresi, Alessandro Costacurta, Paolo Maldini, Ibrahim Ba, Angelo Carbone, Federico Giunti, Christian Lantignotti, Zvonimir Boban, Daniele Massaro, Christian Vieri, Gianluigi Lentini, Andry Shevchenko, Marek Jankulovsky, Pietro Vierchowod, Marco Van Bommel.

:lolol:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
On a sub note of player testimonials, has anyone seen (our former loan star) Steve Harper's line-up for his tetimonial.
How the hell he's negotiated this I'll never know.
NEWCASTLE
Tino Asprilla, Peter Beardsley, John Beresford, Lee Bowyer, Olivier Bernard, Nicky Butt, Andy Cole, Nicos Dabizas, Kieron Dyer, Les Ferdinand, Ruel Fox, Keith Gillespie, Paul Kitson, Rob Lee, Liam O’Brien, Darren Peacock, Alessandro Pistone, Scott Sellars, Alan Shearer, Nobby Solano, Pavel Srnicek, Alan Thompson, Steve Watson & coach Steve Stone.

I expect Kitson will be injured.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Hardly took him out. The kid is a coward.

It was over-blown when media say he "scythed him down" but even so, when clatter into him in that situation. You have a celebrity putting himself out there for the good of the cause (a mate of Gabbys presumably), and the pros just do not need to make any challenges like that. the kid was just bring the ball out, across the area, looking to pass out to the right back.

There was just no need to clatter into him at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here