Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T iphone 4s vs 5

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hi all. Wondering if I could get some opinions...

Have my phone upgrade this wk and gonna get an iPhone. The 5 is about a fiver dearer per month than the 4s but lots of people have told me there's v little difference? Is the 5 faster on the internet? Your advice would be most welcome...

Ps I'm an iPhone newbie and prob won't use that many special features etc...

Thanks

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As above - wait!

New iPhone announcement on Tuesday evening with new iPhones likely to be available from the 20th.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I switched from IPhone 4 to 5 in an upgrade and can report that IPhone feels much nicer in the hand. Feels cool to the touch. It's also taller so you get an extra row of icons, without feeling any heavier. The earphones are also much stronger and sound better than those fragile ones that came with iPhone 4.

On the downside, if you have any accessories that use the old connector, you would need to spend £25 to get an adaptor for iPhone 5. That said, the adapter for iPhone 5 is smaller and can be used either way up.

D

Deleted member 18477

Do NOT buy an iphone 4s or 5 at this present moment in time. New ones to be announced next week with release shortly after.

The expected iphone 5c sounds like it could really interest you if you dont care about all the technology available but still want a decent phone.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hi guys - Thanks v much for your advice.

The contract i'm looking at on o2 is £27 per month. (if i get i phone 5 it will be a one off £49.99 charge extra). I'm not overly bothered about latest models, so expect the new iphone will be out of my range. However, I guess it may be worth me waiting a week or so as i'd anticipate the 5 and the 4s deals to be a bit cheaper once the new iphone comes out?

My only other issue is my phone is currently on its last legs and been counting down the days til my renewal date (tommorow!).

From what people have told me, there isn't much difference atall in terms of the 5 and 4s features?!

Thanks NSC :)

albionite

May 20, 2009
Hi guys - Thanks v much for your advice.

The contract i'm looking at on o2 is £27 per month. (if i get i phone 5 it will be a one off £49.99 charge extra). I'm not overly bothered about latest models, so expect the new iphone will be out of my range. However, I guess it may be worth me waiting a week or so as i'd anticipate the 5 and the 4s deals to be a bit cheaper once the new iphone comes out?

My only other issue is my phone is currently on its last legs and been counting down the days til my renewal date (tommorow!).

From what people have told me, there isn't much difference atall in terms of the 5 and 4s features?!

Thanks NSC :)

If you wait and get the new I phone on 3 network it won't be much more than that

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
You may not be interested in the latest models, however the release of them may mean the price of the 5 will come down. So, wait a little and you could save yourself some cash.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I've just bought a second hand Iphone 4 off Ebay for £130.

My contract (500 minutes, Unlimited texts, and unlimited internet) costs me £6.72 a month I believe. Add on £5 a month for the phone, I'm paying roughly £12 a month.

Saves me about £20 a month on most of my mates current price-plans.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I've got my renewel up in January and currently on an iphone 4. I was always sticking with iPhones as I had my docks made for them but I believe the adaptors have all changed now so I would need to spend out just to make them fit on my current devices? (I may have that wrong). I'm seeing it as a good opportunity to try something new and maybe go HTC.

Also I want to knock about 20 quid a month off my contract as I pay way too much (Basically paying off the iphone cost). I think I can get a similar contract with a HTC for around £35 a month with O2 and no up front cost. Will have to shop around though.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Sheebo. I have an i phone 5. Before that i had a Sony Expria 10, the first model, and it was the most unreliable peice of technology I have ever owned.

The 5 on the other hand is fantastic. Had it nearly a year now, and have to charge it every two days or thereabouts.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I've got my renewel up in January and currently on an iphone 4. I was always sticking with iPhones as I had my docks made for them but I believe the adaptors have all changed now so I would need to spend out just to make them fit on my current devices? (I may have that wrong). I'm seeing it as a good opportunity to try something new and maybe go HTC.

Also I want to knock about 20 quid a month off my contract as I pay way too much (Basically paying off the iphone cost). I think I can get a similar contract with a HTC for around £35 a month with O2 and no up front cost. Will have to shop around though.

Definitely do not go for HTC, they have possibly the worst customer service in the world. If you have anything wrong with your phone, expect to be without it for at least a month. There is an adaptor you can buy that allows you to use all of your existing docks with the iPhone 5, it costs around £30 (which is a rip-off) but is nothing compared to replacing all of your speakers etc. don't forget you'd have to do the same with an htc/Samsung.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Definitely do not go for HTC, they have possibly the worst customer service in the world. If you have anything wrong with your phone, expect to be without it for at least a month. There is an adaptor you can buy that allows you to use all of your existing docks with the iPhone 5, it costs around £30 (which is a rip-off) but is nothing compared to replacing all of your speakers etc. don't forget you'd have to do the same with an htc/Samsung.

I have just given my H.T.C to my Daughter it was the biggest pile of poo ever. Got a IPhone 4 for £140 off eBay, best thing I ever did. Waiting for the new iPhone now. Just love the face time app.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here