Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coventry City and Steven Pressley.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Feel so sorry for Cov fans.

If you're making comparisons, obviously we had Goldstone walkouts but there was no sustained boycott of matches while Archer/Bellotti were in charge.

And at Gillingham the crowds were mainly low because of the distance not an official boycott, plus how shit the team were may have come into it.

A young and vibrant Coventry team made it 11 points from 6 games and into the black today in front of their lowest ever leageu crowd of 1,789.

The absent 10,000 are acting on principle, and I salute them. But they are missing a young team of local kids playing great stuff for the first time in years, and it must be tearing them up.

That wasn't the case for us at Gillingham, where especially in the first year those that didn't go missed the worst football this club has ever played.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Tooting,my point young ones given a chance,CCFC are busted. WSC reckoned that CCFC could be the way forward a busted club yet playing decent 'kids' and getting results.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
A 21yr old striker banging them in with 7 goals already (Callum Wilson). Worth a look?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Feel so sorry for Cov fans.

If you're making comparisons, obviously we had Goldstone walkouts but there was no sustained boycott of matches while Archer/Bellotti were in charge.

And at Gillingham the crowds were mainly low because of the distance not an official boycott, plus how shit the team were may have come into it.

A young and vibrant Coventry team made it 11 points from 6 games and into the black today in front of their lowest ever leageu crowd of 1,789.

The absent 10,000 are acting on principle, and I salute them. But they are missing a young team of local kids playing great stuff for the first time in years, and it must be tearing them up.

That wasn't the case for us at Gillingham, where especially in the first year those that didn't go missed the worst football this club has ever played.

From what I heard away support has rocked, so the fans aren't missing out on the spirited display, just boycotting their "home" stadium and those owners they feel are corrupt.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Nine points off the playoffs with 40 games left; the way they're playing it's not much of a stretch to see them get into the mix over the course of the season

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It's dull too watch ,but at least i have a Club too watch.

I'm going to the Recreation ground to watch Barnet play at Aldershot next week. Trying to convince as many Bees fans to go even if they always seem to lose there! Will give them as much money as possible with admission, a programme and a decent burger. :thumbsup:

You've got a good manager in Andy Scott.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here