Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is The Marina Bowlplex the worst run establishment in Brighton?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Balls get stuck, pins get knocked down randomly, the scoreboard fails and the pins don't reset. Every single time.

I can't think of a worse run entertainment establishment in the city. Poor show from uninterested and mentally checked out staff.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have you visited the 1901 Club?

Oct 25, 2003
the one at the king alfred is still like 'there' apparently...pins are still up and everything

really want someone to break in and take photos

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
the one at the king alfred is still like 'there' apparently...pins are still up and everything

really want someone to break in and take photos

Brighton's weird like that. Things stay boarded up and preserved in aspic for DECADES. Was walking by the Clock Tower this morning and happened to look up to see what had become of the old ice rink. Still boarded up is the answer. Only been about quarter of a century since it closed.

Dec 29, 2011
Brighton's weird like that. Things stay boarded up and preserved in aspic for DECADES. Was walking by the Clock Tower this morning and happened to look up to see what had become of the old ice rink. Still boarded up is the answer. Only been about quarter of a century since it closed.

Who owns that now? The land must be pretty expensive.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We had my son's birthday party at the Marina Bowlplex last week; it was great. Nothing got stuck, the scoreboard worked perfectly and the staff were very helpful. This was the fourth birthday event the kids have been to and I don't recall anything going wrong.

I remember that bowling set-up at the King Alfred, now there was a place where pins got stuck regularly.

We used to go there nearly every week: my most vivid memory was that pubs shut earlier in Hove and there was a mad dash to get back to Brighton before last orders.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I remember the one in Denmark Villas, great place. Blimey I'm old.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Balls get stuck, pins get knocked down randomly, the scoreboard fails and the pins don't reset. Every single time.

I can't think of a worse run entertainment establishment in the city. Poor show from uninterested and mentally checked out staff.

It's been a while but this accolade would have gone to the Stanmer Park Tavern. Unless by " badly run establishment" you meant somewhere not full of thieves rapists and coke dealers. They did have a skittles alley in there at one time too.

See also Black Rock and the area between the Marina and the Volks Railway. Proper eyesore - any ideas what to put there??

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
It's been a while but this accolade would have gone to the Stanmer Park Tavern. Unless by " badly run establishment" you meant somewhere not full of thieves rapists and coke dealers. They did have a skittles alley in there at one time too.

I remember a fight in the SPT about nothing. An England game was on the Telly and a goal was scored and the screen showed David Platt although Gascoigne had scored it,

''Good Goal Platty''
''It wasn't Platt it was Gazza''
''It's Platt on the Telly knob head''
''Gazza scored the goal''

Followed by swinging of Poal cue which connected with someones head - What a pub that was.

On another note, I hate bowling - Its for under 16's.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013

Well it was open again in 2001 as I used to go skating there as a PE option at school. A couple were running it at the time. Think it closed in 2003.

Hot shots was were Sainsburys is now, down North street?

King Alfred bowling was shit, but quite enjoyed Lazer Warriors.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here