Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How bent is boxing

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Ricky burns gets battered for 12 rounds as well as suffering a knockdown & somehow gets away with a draw.
His opponent spent 12 rounds on the front foot coming forward how on earth was that a draw.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Absolutely disgraceful. Total fix.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Total joke just watched it with my Glaswegian partner she's embarrassed

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Don't get me wrong I wanted burns to win but neither he,his trainer or his promoter have come out & said I THINK WE GOT LUCKY THERE.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Outrageous decision. Wanted Burns to win but that decision has p'd me off big time. Beltran looked heartbroken.

Terrible way to get skys new boxing season off and will massivily damage Eddie Hearns credibility if he doesnt take the rematch in the States.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Disgraceful, had it for years with the Americans, now we've got the Hearns.

We've had it with the Hearns for over 20 years, Eubank vs Watson Fight 1, Eubank vs Benn Fight 2, not to mention Close vs Eubank.

No doubt the Belgian judge who gave it to Burns by three points will find a pleasant surprise when he gets back to his hotel room.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Truly awful decision, Beltran won by a minimum of three points and deserved to win the title. Burns needs to give him a rematch as soon as possible as no Champion wants to retain their belt like that.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
We've had it with the Hearns for over 20 years, Eubank vs Watson Fight 1, Eubank vs Benn Fight 2, not to mention Close vs Eubank.

No doubt the Belgian judge who gave it to Burns by three points will find a pleasant surprise when he gets back to his hotel room.

Eubank was also very lucky to beat Dan Sherry in his first defence and Maurcio Amaral from Brazil in his first fight after being given a ten fight contract by Sky. Didn't think Eubank vs Benn 2 was a robbery, was very close particularly with the point being taken off Benn towards the end.

TerryT

Jun 14, 2011

Agree, should of said Eddie Hearns. In my opinion Burns lost 8-4

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Bloody Hell !'
The judges from Rocky Movies must have judged that WTF ?????
Sorry Burnsy but noo way son !!!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Shocking decision . Burns got battered

Earnest !
I'm very disappointed with your view on the match !
My thought was that at least YOU would have a good if not impartial view on the Queensburys tonight ?
I shall put you on ignore now you daft old cock !!!!!!:smile:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Disgraceful, had it for years with the Americans, now we've got the Hearns.
I love boxing,but unfortunately there has been corruption in the game for years,boxers getting shot,splitting gloves....and as much as Cassius Clay was liked, that 'split glove' after being flattened by Henrys hammer left hook was corruption at the highest level.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Ridiculous decision.

How one judge had Burns winning by three rounds, I've no idea. I had it 115-112 for Beltran.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I love boxing,but unfortunately there has been corruption in the game for years,boxers getting shot,splitting gloves....and as much as Cassius Clay was liked, that 'split glove' after being flattened by Henrys hammer left hook was corruption at the highest level.

Worse still is the used of PED's which I still think is rife in the sport. It needs a cycling like overhaul, with more consistent testing for all active boxers. Many of the great fighters of the last twenty years have had issues with drug taking e.g Holyfield, Toney & Moseley.

I still have my doubts that Khan & Pacquiao were clean under Alex Ariza and now Marquez seems to have got a lot bigger and is peaking past 35! Suspicious in my opinion.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
To be fair it is rife all over the world and something needs to be done. Pacquiao vs Bradley was a disgrace. Mathew Macklin and Martin Murray smashed Felix Sturm all over the ring and ended up with a loss and a draw respectively. Murray again got totally jobbed when he was given a loss to Sergio Martinez despite clearly having the upper hand the whole fight - including a knockdown.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
To be fair it is rife all over the world and something needs to be done. Pacquiao vs Bradley was a disgrace. Mathew Macklin and Martin Murray smashed Felix Sturm all over the ring and ended up with a loss and a draw respectively. Murray again got totally jobbed when he was given a loss to Sergio Martinez despite clearly having the upper hand the whole fight - including a knockdown.

With you on all of them, but no way did Murray beat Sturm. I think he was awarded a draw generously maybe as a response to a proper robbery in Macklin Vs Sturm four months earlier.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here