Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should England make it to Brazil in 2016.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Two or three of us at work were discussing England in Brazil should they qualify in 2016. Now leading on from Greg Dykes statement and assuming Hodgson was still in charge i would suspect most fans don't expect England to 'do much' so why not say take to old heads i/e Gerrard/Lampard but the rest of the squad is simply youngester's simply to give them the experience and a game ?:shrug:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
tumblr_ls4zecde3p1qgdb7n.gif

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I don't think the FA will be looking at it that way. What's the point in spending 2 years qualifying for a tournament and then going into it with the attitude "we've got no chance of winning it, so let's use it to experiment for the future". The World Cup Finals is neither the time or place for that. Yes you and I both know realistically that we don't stand a snowball in hells chance of winning it (that's even if we get there) but every one of the 32 teams that qualify will be going there to make as big an impact in the tournament as possible.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The first team picks itself but I agree that the second XI should be largely the talented hungry kids we have, rather than the Milners, Downings, Lennons, Defoes and Lescotts. More kids means changing the squad dynamic; this could rejuvenate the likes of Gerrard and Lampard.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Two or three of us at work were discussing England in Brazil should they qualify in 2016. Now leading on from Greg Dykes statement and assuming Hodgson was still in charge i would suspect most fans don't expect England to 'do much' so why not say take to old heads i/e Gerrard/Lampard but the rest of the squad is simply youngester's simply to give them the experience and a game ?:shrug:

Ignoring the wrong date, the rest of it is so wrong too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here