Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Virgo on Talksport

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Covering a League 2 match this arvo at Dagenham. Was talking with Ray Parlour and another presenter(?) about last nights international football.

Comes across very well.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Good luck to him. Thought he came across as very articulate on the Withdean Years DVD and he'd certainly do a better job than Claridge or Rosenior on the football league show. Clearly eyeing up his career post football. Will always be a legend in my eyes. Sacrificed himself position wise to keep us up in the Championship under McGhee and I'll always respect him for that.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Covering a League 2 match this arvo at Dagenham. Was talking with Ray Parlour and another presenter(?) about last nights international football.

Comes across very well.

... so an expensive education at Ardingly College is paying off!

I like Virgo and wish him success with his new career; he deserves it.

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
Good luck to him. Thought he came across as very articulate on the Withdean Years DVD and he'd certainly do a better job than Claridge or Rosenior on the football league show. Clearly eyeing up his career post football. Will always be a legend in my eyes. Sacrificed himself position wise to keep us up in the Championship under McGhee and I'll always respect him for that.

Every single word of this is how I see the lad. Top man!

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010

top post mate:clap:

There was a great interview with him on The Albion Roar a few weeks ago - well worth searching out on iTunes.

I have tried but it isn't there - any ideas how to find it as it isn't listed on their website?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
He's a genuinely lovely guy. When he was at Celtic he was earning ten grand a week and was just waiting to be found out. Him and a few other Albion players used to play pool in ( of all places) the Hollingbury and he was very open about the fact he wasn't good enough to play regularly in the porridge prem but Magoo had done a sly one with Strachan. I was about to post something there that would have been potentially libellous so I'll leave it to your fevered minds what the back story was.

Just a great all round bloke. Not the most talented but full of heart. Legend.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Should have been given the freedom of Brighton for the Swindon header

Ah, that Swindon header in the depths of extra time. I was watching that game in the King and Queen. Wasn't 100% sure his header had gone in due to the camera angle. The relief when i saw him wheeling away.

It's due to him i had to queue up for 2 to 3 hours in the Withdean car park the following weekend. Well worth it though. A Bristol/Cardiff combo :drink:

Adam Virgo :bowdown:

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Top Woodard Boy like some of us. Looking forward to his rise in punditry. Thunderbird puppet Hansen, Skinhead Shearer and FA Cup Ears, look out.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Leicester away. Runs ( slowly) the length of the pitch and slots in...it was like pele on temazepam.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I have tried but it isn't there - any ideas how to find it as it isn't listed on their website?

I'm on it, hopefully will put it on the website for your listening pleasure, might not be till Monday/Tuesday.

Jimmy Grimble

Virgs is one of us. A Brighton legend for both football and non-football reasons.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
He's a genuinely lovely guy. When he was at Celtic he was earning ten grand a week and was just waiting to be found out. Him and a few other Albion players used to play pool in ( of all places) the Hollingbury and he was very open about the fact he wasn't good enough to play regularly in the porridge prem but Magoo had done a sly one with Strachan. I was about to post something there that would have been potentially libellous so I'll leave it to your fevered minds what the back story was.

Just a great all round bloke. Not the most talented but full of heart. Legend.

Didn't he also have to deal with his fathers death at the same time as his move north of the border?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
The goal away at Watford really sticks in my mind - was a great finish. Absolute legend.

Even more so because he slipped before picking himself up and leathering it. The final goal at Ipswich to keep us up was the icing on the cake. He really did keep us up that year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here