Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pub recommendations in Emsworth please

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Apparently there are nine (9) pubs in the village (town?)! I have never been there, but a group of us will be looking for a lunch stop on an upcoming Sunday as we set off on the first leg of the Sussex Border Path walk.

Any recommendations from NSCers who reside in the western reaches of our fine county would therefore be welcome.

Thank you.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
The Blue Bell near the harbour is nice, the fish and chips there are brilliant. The other one off the top of my head is the Sussex Brewery, which is almost in Southbourne, but only about a 10 minute walk from Emsworth station. The sausages in there are ridiculous.

Those are the two that stuck out, but there are plenty of decent boozers there.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Lots of ok boozers, no brilliant ones. Had a bad experience staying in the crown, though apparently it's been taken over. The beer in the Sussex brewery seemed well kept and it is in Sussex so probably gets my vote. Fat Olive's is a VERY good restaurant if you want a decent meal.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Thank you all. As always, some decent recommendations from the great and the good of NSC.

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
Not a pub, but we had one of our best ever meals in 36 on the Quay. Stunning bedrooms too.

Arun1664

Nov 2, 2009
I always liked the coal exchange when I lived down that way, 1/2 decent range of beers and the Sunday Lunches used to be pretty good. Also as mentioned the Blue Bell is OK and a bit bigger than the Coal Exchange and the Sussex just on the rise coming out of the village has good beer and decent food. Never eaten at 36 but every report I ever received was that it is excellent, not sure its a walking boot & anorak sort of place though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here