Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kolo Toure offers to change his name...

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Reminds me a bit of the Newcastle fan who had a massive tattoo of Andy Cole - which was finished on the day he was transferred to Man U!

As an aside why do people get tattoos of players' names? At best they're only going to be around for a few years and you'll have the tattoo for ever. Any Albion fans of the early 1970s have Alan Duffy tattoos or similar?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Reminds me a bit of the Newcastle fan who had a massive tattoo of Andy Cole - which was finished on the day he was transferred to Man U!

Andy Cole Tattoo.jpg

At least you could say for this guy it was a good tattoo

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
But Toure has only been there a few weeks and is near the end of his career, why would you do that? He isn't exactly a Liverpool legend is he?

It would be like one of us getting a tattoo of Keith Andrews!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I'm getting the entire Albion squad tattooed on my bell end.

Dawn Korus

Oct 17, 2010
Christmas Island
What sort of idiot gets tattoo of a footballer ? (one that can't spell, obviously). I do wonder about some people.

Could be worse, I've heard of people using their favourite players surname for their kids only for them to move on. Or even worse had a few kids and named them all after different football clubs

First I have heard of that !!
It came about at a pre-season friendly, played at Arsenal's training ground, shortly after Kolo Touré had joined them from ASEC Mimosas, in Côte d'Ivoire - and Arsène Wenger felt he needed some experience of competitive English first-team football before he was ready to step up into the Arsenal first-team squad. Kolo Touré was selected for the scratch side that Arsenal put out against the Albion and Wenger offered Hinshelwood the opportunity to take any of that Arsenal team on a season-long loan. Our dear manager apparently took the view than none of the Arsenal players was good enough to get into the Albion squad that he already had.

And this was soon PROVED to be TRUE when we kicked off the season with an amazing away win at Burnley and the certain knowledge that our squad would sail through the Championship.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here