Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Free' 7" Novotech Tablet

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Just received an email from Staples offering me a 'free' 7" Novotech Tablet if I spend £250 in one hit in their Stores or online. I probably buy just under £100 on various stuff from Staples a month so a question for the NSC IT experts (or even opinionated amateurs) - is it worth a three month stationery purchase or is it a bit crap? I have never had/used a tablet by the way.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i doubt its very good by nexus, samsung, apple standards, but probably good enough for browsing t'interwebs and checking email. similar chinapad would probbaly cost £50 on ebay/amazon.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I use Staples as its the nearest place when I need work supplies urgently. I buy lots of laminating pouches and I end up with loads of free laminators. However their comes a point when you have enough.

If I plan ahead I can buy the pouches online at a quarter of the price, so the free gift isn't that much of a bargain. But for something that I have to do and is convenient at least it feels like a bargain.

I only use mac tablets that are very good, this one looks small, it appears to be stock/edition that has exited the market so perhaps they had a job load, the clip below seems to indicate they retailed on Amazon for about £55 t0 £100. As you say if you are going to spend that money with them anyway you get a small gift. If you plan ahead and buy online the savings will probably get you a better model tablet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAUfr2m29jM

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here