Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

10 Worst stadiums...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I had this passed on http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2412234/Worlds-worst-football-stadiums-revealed.html

Claims these are the 10 worst settings or grounds around... pretty lame effort if you ask me, however I have been to all the English grounds on that list and we have played in some shit holes over the years.

Selhurst Park should be on that list, but what others would you include from your time following the Albion.

I would add wigan, middle of nowhere shit town, shit fans, shit stadium.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I was going to say Luton but it's already on the list

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It seems to highlight their neighbours and area they're in more than the grounds. But the Mail has an obsession about who or what might be next door.

The stadiums in Dundee make the list because... they're near each other. Jeez.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Some bizarre inclusions - the Allianz is on there but Selhurst and Withdean* are not? And I quite like the Den - easy to get to, well policed, decent atmosphere, good views. Can't argue with Kenilworth Road, though - comfortably the worst ground for an away fan I've ever visited, and an absolute s-hole of a town to boot.

*I'm aware Withdean is no longer a football stadium, but then nor is Millmoor, and that's on there.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nice to see Blunder Park make it into the top 10 :lolol:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
What a crap list, the "best stadiums in the world" list is no better as according to them - its only good if there is mountains or the sea nearby.

Wonder if they would take that stance when the sea levels rise and is there was a rockfall/avalanche.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
*I'm aware Withdean is no longer a football stadium, but then nor is Millmoor, and that's on there.

Very poor research bearing in mind the article is dated yesterday, as you rightly say Millmoor closed down years ago, replaced by Rotherham's glistening new stadium.

Macclesfield would be up there for me (they have included Luton so clearly allowing non league).

Oct 25, 2003
What a crap list, the "best stadiums in the world" list is no better as according to them - its only good if there is mountains or the sea nearby.

Wonder if they would take that stance when the sea levels rise and is there was a rockfall/avalanche.

yep, read that also....the stadiums themselves were mostly your run of the mill municipal multi use semi pro type....or the national stadium of a minor nation...they just happened to be near the sea or a mountain. For a start that Hitzfeld one in the mountains isn't even a proper stadium as it doesn't have a full sized pitch.

So they're confused in both articles between "worst/beautiful STADIUMS" and "worst/beautiful SURROUNDINGS"

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
So, apart from the area a stadium is in - If it's a bit quirky, old or has character, it's on the list... We don't all want to sit in cinema style comfort with top notch facilities you know

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
One can only assume that the reporter knows nothing about being a football supporter. Some of the grounds deserved to be on the list, eg, Millmoor, Luton, Aldershot (do they still have the large nets behind the goal). But some of the others, crazy. The Old Den was a dump, why wasn't that on the list?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It seems to highlight their neighbours and area they're in more than the grounds. But the Mail has an obsession about who or what might be next door.

quite. they probably focused on the perceived property values. most grounds are often overlooked or adjacent to industrial sites - its in their history.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Allianz Arena? What? Really? I went there albeit for a concert and it is a magnificent arena

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
The Allianz?? Do me a favour, when I thought the Daily Fail couldn't get any worse :lol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As everyone says dreadful article. If you're allowed old grounds then Roker Park, Underhill (Barnet), Millwall's Old Den and Withdean would all be at the top of my list

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

The stadiums in Dundee make the list because... they're near each other. Jeez.
This. Plus Bayview Stadium makes the list for being overshadowed by a oiwer station that isn't even there any more (which is acknowledged in the article). Poor stuff.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here