Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

According to today's Argus Gus will appear in Court in Brighton

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
The same reason as the ref, Wayne bridge, Blackburn's manager and a few others who were on the pitch that evening. Bluntly they will either say they saw nothing, or perhaps that what is alleged is a misunderstanding / over reaction

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Let's hope they don't mention Chelsea or Leeds. They'll never be able to shut him up.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Given his propensity to say the wrong thing at the wrong time, I'm not sure it will turn out to have been a good move for CKR to have him on the stand as a defence witness.

Either way, I don't like the way this lot have all banded together to defend CKR: I could see the gestures pretty clearly from the south end of WSU, so I'm sure that there will be plenty of witnesses from the front of WSL who will make a fairly convincing case for the prosecution. And before any mods issue warnings about speculation in a legal case etc, it's not speculation, as I was there and saw it, and would be happy to describe it under oath if asked.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
And before any mods issue warnings about speculation in a legal case etc, it's not speculation, as I was there and saw it, and would be happy to describe it under oath if asked.
That wont stop the thought police leaping in....... stand by.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yep indeed. Wonder if while he is on the stand, the prosecution or defence would like to slip inna few questions about his own character.

Jesus. If you were the lawyer on the opposite side to Poyet you would have a field day with him. It will be so easy to tie him up in knots and discredit his evidence.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So is this Liz Costa v Gus/Wayne Bridge/Ref/CKR

Could be interesting.

I hope she has screamed for a policeman to be in attendance.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Giraffe;5926301[B said:
]So is this Liz Costa [/B]v Gus/Wayne Bridge/Ref/CKR

Could be interesting.

I hope she has screamed for a policeman to be in attendance.

Serious question: Was she was one of the complainants? I haven't paid too much attention to all this.

As mentioned, this has all the ingredients to turn into a circus. The media must be licking their chops in anticipation. No matter what CKR may or may not have done and whatever the verdict, the club and football in general could well come across in a bad light after the media have spiced things up with a few well chosen and twisted headlines - Despite BHA being an innocent party in all this.

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Given his propensity to say the wrong thing at the wrong time, I'm not sure it will turn out to have been a good move for CKR to have him on the stand as a defence witness.

Either way, I don't like the way this lot have all banded together to defend CKR: I could see the gestures pretty clearly from the south end of WSU, so I'm sure that there will be plenty of witnesses from the front of WSL who will make a fairly convincing case for the prosecution. And before any mods issue warnings about speculation in a legal case etc, it's not speculation, as I was there and saw it, and would be happy to describe it under oath if asked.

I was sat 8 rows back in WSL between half way line and South end and it happened right in front of me. I'm not bothered one way or another tbh but there's absolutely no denying what he did and I'd be horrified if Poyet suggested that the incident didn't happen.

It's one thing saying he didn't see anything as gazillions wouldn't, but if he says he was watching CKR after the incident that led to his actions and he didn't do anything that would be .............................. well, wrong!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
How can there be a defence it is clear what he did most of us saw it - he's a silly little boy needs to grow up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here