Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bouncers

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Tis grim up north. Man, the kind of C4 documentary the Daily Mail would dine out on - 'Broken, binge drinking Britain'.

Who the hell would want to be a doorman at a hole like that?

Mortal :whisky:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Tis grim up north. Man, the kind of C4 documentary the Daily Mail would dine out on - 'Broken, binge drinking Britain'.

Who the hell would want to be a doorman at a hole like that?

Mortal :whisky:

I worked on doors in East London for 3 years !!
Never really had that many problems they were far more intent on killing each other really !!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Why would anyone ever want to be a bouncer? I am struggling think of a positive motivation.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I have sympathy for bouncers to an extent, as they do have to deal with every manner of dickhead, without the powers the police have. Having said that I've never seen a group of policemen standing over a drunk putting the boot in. It's a tough job, just a shame half those that do it are sociopaths who seem to genuinely revel in the aggro as an excuse to get their roid-induced rocks off.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Worth watching? Might 4od it.

I'd say so.

The Quay looked like the Patcham Indian Cottage had been transformed(and teleported) into a club...in Blyth.

Some doormen seem to get a reasonable amount of female attention. I doubt you could have a normal relationship whilst working unsociable hours, with certain women throwing themselves at you after hours. Certainly not worth all the hassle and poor wages.

Oct 25, 2003
was this the one based in newcastle? the bouncers up there were generally alright in my experience. Far better than their Brighton counterparts

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I interviewed some bouncers in Liverpool as part of a book i'm writing. Caught the second half of the programme last night and it was eerily familiar to what they told me. Got some great stories from it. Interesting how when drugs came along and doormen had to start getting registered the culture changed.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
I particularly enjoyed the moment the (very) drunk man stumbled and landed in the road......on his head

That was a bit of a low-light of the programme, especially the hollow 'clunk' his head made as it hit the Tarmac. They could see he was completely incapable of walking and still tried to send him on his way, then had to deal with him until the ambulance got there. He was out cold and ended up with a fractured eye socket.

Mind you, as said above, the 16 y.o. was scary. I wonder if she's got anywhere with suing the shoe manufacturer?!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I decided not to watch after the bouncer of the advert was explaining 'how they do the work of the police.'

That sums bouncers up really. Power crazy.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I interviewed some bouncers in Liverpool as part of a book i'm writing. Caught the second half of the programme last night and it was eerily familiar to what they told me. Got some great stories from it. Interesting how when drugs came along and doormen had to start getting registered the culture changed.

A few years back when i used to go clubbing in Brighton you always knew certain doormen were aware of dealers doing the rounds in their club. 'Better the devil you know' was probably their school of thought. Other motivations as well, possibly.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
A few years back when i used to go clubbing in Brighton you always knew certain doormen were aware of dealers doing the rounds in their club. 'Better the devil you know' was probably their school of thought. Other motivations as well, possibly.

That is true and I did get told that, but I was actually referring to the reaction of people on drugs as opposed to alcohol. Several bouncers told me that they could deal easily with pissed people wanting to take them on, but those on drugs (and it depended what drug they were on) would just keep fighting and keep coming back.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
That is true and I did get told that, but I was actually referring to the reaction of people on drugs as opposed to alcohol. Several bouncers told me that they could deal easily with pissed people wanting to take them on, but those on drugs (and it depended what drug they were on) would just keep fighting and keep coming back.

Thats interesting. I would have thought a person on drugs i.e ecstasy would be wanting to hug a bouncer not thump them. Like you say, i guess it depends on the substance of choice. I've never taken acid. I always thought a person who was pissed up was more of a threat. I suppose some people mix it all together as well :smokin::mad:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Pissed people are usually easier to deal with because they show warning signs and danger signs plenty of time before swinging a punch. Compare that to someone on speed or coke who can't stay still and have bundles of energy combined with getting very agitated very quickly. I always preferred talking people down wherever possible tbh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here