Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hove RFC v Brighton RFC Saturday 14th September

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Any NSC rugby fans attending this London South league game at Hove Rec ? Promises to be a humdinger.

I live in Brighton but support Hove. Weird one for me.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My uncle will be there, he used to captain Brighton. Hove have traditionally been the bigger club of the two, but I'll be supporting Brighton (from a distance).....should be a right old dust up.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
My Grandfather was one of the founders of the Hove RFC in 1952, so I'll definitely be heading to this one. Grandfather is still alive at 96, but sadly a bit too frail to make an appearance.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My daughter's just started playing mini-rugby at Lewes so I think that Lewes, by default, has become my local team - even though I live in Brighton.

I'll probably catch a Lewes first team game soon

goldstone rocks

Feb 25, 2009
Looking forward to it. No footie to worry about. Harveys all afternoon... and a Hove win against the waterhall boys.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Brighton's RFC, definitely...

l.jpg

goldstone rocks

Feb 25, 2009
Having watched the game (from Hove tinted specs) it was easy to see if you put Brighton forwards with Hove backs we could have a seriously good side in Sussex that would move up the leagues. Merger, play matches at Withdean and Brighton and Hove RFC, and we could have a rugby club the city could be proud of. ( Bit like our footie team to be honest!!)

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Having watched the game (from Hove tinted specs) it was easy to see if you put Brighton forwards with Hove backs we could have a seriously good side in Sussex that would move up the leagues. Merger, play matches at Withdean and Brighton and Hove RFC, and we could have a rugby club the city could be proud of. ( Bit like our footie team to be honest!!)

Great shout...either one or both have to get to third level at least for this to happen but if Worthing can do it I'm sure it'll be possible in Brighton.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Great shout...either one or both have to get to third level at least for this to happen but if Worthing can do it I'm sure it'll be possible in Brighton.

Very pleased for Worthing. Sadly they are streets ahead in terms of resources and facilities.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Playing at Withdean is a good idea. I don't quite understand why both the Brighton and Hove rugby grounds have to be in the middle of nowhere - I know that Waterhall is a far out as the Amex but Falmer is served by several bus routes and a train station. I took my daughter to a training session at Waterhall and it took us 90 minutes to get there.

There's the potential for some good support in B&H for a decent team - the forthcoming World Cup will help boost interest even more - but a merger would be a real opportunity to develop a strong team and a half-decent stadium would be a great help.

goldstone rocks

Feb 25, 2009
Playing at Withdean is a good idea. I don't quite understand why both the Brighton and Hove rugby grounds have to be in the middle of nowhere - I know that Waterhall is a far out as the Amex but Falmer is served by several bus routes and a train station. I took my daughter to a training session at Waterhall and it took us 90 minutes to get there.

There's the potential for some good support in B&H for a decent team - the forthcoming World Cup will help boost interest even more - but a merger would be a real opportunity to develop a strong team and a half-decent stadium would be a great help.

"Hove Rugby ground in the middle of nowhere"!!! It is errr the middle of Hove (200 yards from the old Goldstone Ground that was also in Hove!)

Waterhall is about as in middle of nowhere with access only through a tunnel under A27 bypass.

If it took you 90 mins to get to Waterhall, where did you start from - Southampton?!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Hove Rugby club is a 3 minute walk from Hove station. yep in the middle of nowhere!

It would be great to have a decent rugby side to watch, I live down the road from Hove Rugby club and pop up when the weather is dry and I'm not at a game. Just a shame I dont find them all to welcoming.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Can't see that ever happening.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Yes suprised the Brighton area hasn't got a bigger team - although Bournemouth RFC were the same a few years ago and the usual - a bit of investment and are now in National div2 SE.

I think thats like Lge2, with Worthing in Lge1? It's all a bit confusing compared to the round ball...plus you have the development teams from the higher levels knocking about too..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here