Oct 13, 2003
Nani signs a five year deal rofl!!!

Fergie wanted rid :shrug:

Think the writing may be on the wall at united

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I really think Fergie knew what he was doing and jumped ship while at the top, he could see there was a lot of work needed to compete this season so thought sod it I'm off to enjoy retirement

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Their generally confused transfer policy since Ferguson's departure is something of a surprise, to be honest, but maybe not a bad one even from their point of view. Clearly Moyes wants to make his mark on the team, to the extent of (apparently) declining to sign players the club had previously been tracking under Ferguson, and now being happy to retain a player that it would seem Ferguson was happy to see leave.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Felliani was available in early August for £4M less than Moyes paid for him at the 11th hour.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It's funny how I (speaking for me, as I don't know how others see it) suddenly look at the United squad in a completely different way.

Firstly, let me get this out there. The best team win the league. United were the best team last season and comfortably.

However, looking at their squad of players, suddenly, it just appears that little WEAKER now that Fergie isnt there.

Their failure to get an Ozil type player in, suddenly makes their midfield look very "meh". How again, let me make this clear. They are abviously VERY good. But it's suddenly becoming scary how much RVP+fergie seemed to maybe carry a squad which, overall, isnt anywhere near their best ever.

I mean, PHIL JONES. That says it all.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I really think Fergie knew what he was doing and jumped ship while at the top, he could see there was a lot of work needed to compete this season so thought sod it I'm off to enjoy retirement

Fergie jumped ship !!!
Jeez, how many years was he there, how many years past normal retirement age is he.

Yeah, jumped ship my ar$e ....

And I don't like Man U by the way

Aug 23, 2011
It's funny how I (speaking for me, as I don't know how others see it) suddenly look at the United squad in a completely different way.

Firstly, let me get this out there. The best team win the league. United were the best team last season and comfortably.

However, looking at their squad of players, suddenly, it just appears that little WEAKER now that Fergie isnt there.

Their failure to get an Ozil type player in, suddenly makes their midfield look very "meh". How again, let me make this clear. They are abviously VERY good. But it's suddenly becoming scary how much RVP+fergie seemed to maybe carry a squad which, overall, isnt anywhere near their best ever.

I mean, PHIL JONES. That says it all.

For the last few seasons I've thought their midfield was weak but no other team seemed to be able to find the consistency to challenge them properly and they still have the fear factor at home where teams assume theyll lose. Last season RVP made a big difference and I think this season could be a reality check for some of their fans.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
10zmwwg.jpg

:lolol:

I always like keeping a track on your "supposed" academy superstars -

John Bostock - Palace to Spurs - Brentford - Hull - Sheff Wed - Swindon - Toronto FC - Royal Antwerp (Belgium 2nd Division) :lolol:
Victor Moses - recently kicked out from Chelsea on loan as not good enough :lolol:
Nathaniel Clyne - can't make starting 11 at Southampton :lolol:
Ben Watson - Wigan (Championship) :lolol:
Winifred Zahaha - Man Utd - not on subs bench - on loan to ? :lolol:

That's it isn't it - can't think of anymore, can you?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Couldn't give a s**t. I'm a Brighton fan and couldn't care less about man utd. Hope it all goes wrong.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Victor Moses - recently kicked out from Chelsea on loan as not good enough :lolol:

Moses was kicked out of Chelsea on loan... to Liverpool. Hardly a massive step down!
Zaha is still in their Champions League squad and, to be fair, was likely signed as an investment in the future. Besides Palace have pocketed more than £10m from his sale so far, so will be laughing regardless of what he does at Utd.

Dec 29, 2011
:lolol:

I always like keeping a track on your "supposed" academy superstars -

John Bostock - Palace to Spurs - Brentford - Hull - Sheff Wed - Swindon - Toronto FC - Royal Antwerp (Belgium 2nd Division) :lolol:
Nathaniel Clyne - can't make starting 11 at Southampton :lolol:
Ben Watson - Wigan (Championship) :lolol:

That's it isn't it - can't think of anymore, can you?

Well Palace are getting big bucks for these players, it's hardly something to laugh at them for.

Also Clyne has been injured, not dropped.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
... when United were chasing better players.

Exactly, so therefore he was a last minute desperation signing who cost more than he should. I wonder what old man Glazer will say when the franchise has it's next board meeting ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

This is absurd. SAF was the most successful manager the country has even seen for a reason.
Over 20 odd years there were many times you could have imagine he would walk out, but he didn't. Instead he kept on winning.

Moyes isn't a bad manager, but he's no SAF. No-one in the British game can hold a candle to him.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Is history rewriting itself? Did Fergie never have a bad transfer summer!? Bebe anyone? D'yer remember Djemba Djemba!? David Bellion? Obertan? Kleberson?

Now Moyes is in, it's as if MU never did any bad transfer business in the last 27 years...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here