Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar only has eyes for Albion [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Oscar only has eyes for Albion[/h]9:00am Thursday 5th September 2013 in Albion By Brian Owen
2579717.jpg
Oscar Garcia
Oscar Garcia has admitted he was proud to be wanted by a top-flight Spanish club.
But he has stressed his long-term commitment to Albion.
Albion rebuffed Osasuna’s approach for Oscar on Tuesday night after the Pamplona-based club put him top of their wanted list following the sacking of Jose Luis Mendilibar.
Osasuna have lost their first three games of the league season.
They wanted a young and energetic coach who could work with up-and-coming players and saw Oscar as the man to fit the bill.
The Seagulls denied permission to talk to him – but Oscar has confirmed he would not have been interested in leaving.
He told The Argus: “When a team from the first division in Spain, and who have been in that division for so many years, think of me to be their coach, it’s always a reason for pride.
“But I’m sure of where I want to be and that is here.
“I’m happy to be here. Hopefully I’m here for many years.
“I’ve always wanted to coach in England and people have welcomed me.
“I think I can do a good job here and, all the time the club and the people here are happy with me, I’m happy here.”
Osasuna moved quickly to appoint out-of-work Javi Gracia – Leo Ulloa’s former boss at Almeria – yesterday.
Oscar, who has a three-year contract at The Amex, was linked with several clubs in the summer.
Meanwhile Albion right-back Bruno has reported no ill-effects after his 30-minute run out for the development squad at QPR on Tuesday lunchtime following a hamstring injury.
He is on course to be available for the trip to Reading a week on Sunday.
But Oscar admits Ashley Barnes (hip) is causing more concern and is also keeping a close eye on Andrea Orlandi, despite his 45-minute comeback against Millwall after a knee problem.
The Seagulls boss said: “Bruno is good. He said he finished the game on Tuesday well.
“He did all the work on Wednesday and Thursday. He is doing well.
“Ashley still hasn’t trained with the group. He is doing individual work.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here