Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrexham v Chester - a rivalry gone too far?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Wrexham / Chester games have always been trouble.

:sheep::sheep::sheep::hilton::hilton::hilton::catfight::catfight::catfight::drama:

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
I heard that Chester fans used to taunt Wrexham fans with nooses at home games, as apparently there is, or was, a bye law that allows for a Welshman to be hung if found within the cIty walls after sundown.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I heard that Chester fans used to taunt Wrexham fans with nooses at home games, as apparently there is, or was, a bye law that allows for a Welshman to be hung if found within the cIty walls after sundown.
That's an urban myth, but still widely believed.

And the banners are very offensive.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Not many Football derbies get set for a 12.30 kick off on a normal working day as there's did a few years back .

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Classy fans those Wrexham boys.

I thought Tranmere were their local hate figures. There was serious trouble when those two used to cross paths.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Classy fans those Wrexham boys.

I thought Tranmere were their local hate figures. There was serious trouble when those two used to cross paths.

I lived in Liverpool for three years and used to follow Tranmere. One of my mates up there was an ardent fan and used to refer totheir rivalry with wrexham as the Wrexham Nexus.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here