Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Deadline day bids for Ulloa, Bridcutt, Barnes and KLL from Palace

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
According to the Mirror's deputy sports editor (and Palace fan) Ed Malyon

[tweet]375309030165463040[/tweet]

Could it add a new context to KLL's "So annoying" tweet from deadline day if they bid low and it was rejected?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Well it would appear we told them to shove all four bids up their arses, which makes me happy.

Dec 29, 2011
What a tintop club. Submit formal bids which they know will never get accepted, just to show off a little. Wasting their time and ours. I'm glad we have Bloom and not the buffoons that run the club up the road.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I get the impression they bid for pretty much anyone they thought was affordable and better than what they'd got - no surprise that four of ours were on the list. That's why they ended up doing 15 deals or whatever it was. A desperate scattergun approach but I guess the alternative was certain relegation.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A Palace fan I work with said, he'd heard, they made 2 bids for Bridcutt.

I wonder where they featured within the panic buying that was Holloway building up to Monday.
I can't imagine just how many bids Palace had on going this weekend.

The Tuesday Club said Arsenal were willing to pay Bendtner £3m just to fook off, and he still wouldn't go to Palace :lolol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Putting in ludicrously low bids for players will keep the Nigels happy as they think the owners are willing to to spend money on replacing players who are not good enough with players who will be adequate in The Championship next season.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I get the impression they bid for pretty much anyone they thought was affordable and better than what they'd got - no surprise that four of ours were on the list. That's why they ended up doing 15 deals or whatever it was. A desperate scattergun approach but I guess the alternative was certain relegation.

It sounds like a mate of mine from uni. He would try to get every woman he met into bed as he reasoned that if he tried often enough, he'd succeed eventually. He did but had a lot of rebuffs along the way

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
According to the Mirror's deputy sports editor (and Palace fan) Ed Malyon

[tweet]375309030165463040[/tweet]

Could it add a new context to KLL's "So annoying" tweet from deadline day if they bid low and it was rejected?

There is simply not a facepalm in existence that can express how obsessed that shower are with us.

Prince Charming and his chums in the boardroom really do need to leave the playground :lolol:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Sounds like petty revenge for Poogate to me. Make 4 average bids knowing they probably won't be successful. This though serves well to opening up an unsettling process for those 4 players and makes January even more nerve wracking in my eyes. It would matter not if the Caravaners bid again or not.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
To be fair we used to hear this shit every transfer window from our chairman then he would parade Johnny Dixon to us

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I think they just put in a lot of small bids in the days comin up to transfer day on a lot of targets to try and sign some on the cheap.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That's ashame.

They've ended up with a pile of shit.

Only Williams / guiderroa / jerome would get into our side.

And they've signed so many that some of the new signings won't fit into the 25 man squad and will have to go out on loan instantly, or sit there hoovering wages :lolol:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
It sounds like a mate of mine from uni. He would try to get every woman he met into bed as he reasoned that if he tried often enough, he'd succeed eventually. He did but had a lot of rebuffs along the way

Sounds like someone I knew. He was methodical. Get in the club, hit on all the girls that were 'tens'. If unsuccessful, try the 'nines', then the 'eights' and so on. If no joy by closing time, hang around by the taxi rank and pick up the stragglers..!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here