Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shocking figures,just apart from money what damage does this do to a nation ?

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
can't blame them when the government has turned benefits from a safety net into a lifestyle choice.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
can't blame them when the government has turned benefits from a safety net into a lifestyle choice.

People that shouldn't be breeding...breed.

so if someone does not have a boss they should not be having children if with a long steady partner they love?

the world has changed, the UK is all desk jobs and service industry, computers do all the jobs that were about 20 years ago, or the job / industry was sold off, or is now brought in.

don't blame the mega-corporations or capitalism, blame the poor man - just as the sun and daily mail engineer you to do.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
so if someone does not have a boss they should not be having children if with a long steady partner they love?

the world has changed, the UK is all desk jobs and service industry, computers do all the jobs that were about 20 years ago, or the job / industry was sold off, or is now brought in.

don't blame the mega-corporations or capitalism, blame the poor man - just as the sun and daily mail engineer you to do.
Yup.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
MMmm! Yet somehow amongst all this we have the fastest growing economy in Europe....

We don't. The latest quarterly figures show a 0.6% growth while Germany's showed a 0.7% rise but that was dwarfed by Portugal's 1.1% increase.

The indications are the UK's figures will pick up in the current quarter but no-one could say for definite yet.

Yes, I should get more ...

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I would suggest that both Glasgow and Liverpool are both docks and shipbuilding cities with no modern deep water docks for container ships and no ships being built there anymore. Quelle surprise that their on their arses up there.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
https://jobsearch.direct.gov.uk/register.aspx?redirect=http://jobsearch.direct.gov.uk/home.aspx

There seem to be plenty of vacancies.

(You might have to type in 'Glasgow')

I did. 4391 (that was within 5 miles). Population of Glasgow and the Clyde Valley conurbation 1.755 million. 30% of households so, unscientifically, let's say 70% of the population are of working age, that amounts to 1,228,500. Unemployment rate for Glasgow is 30% so that is 368,550 out of work for which there are 4391 vacancies on the government website!!!!

As I said, not scientific, but just trying to demonstrate the old adage about statistics!!! Of course there will be scroungers but there will be many, especially older ones who can't get a job because no one wants to retrain them.

MMmm! Yet somehow amongst all this we have the fastest growing economy in Europe....

Rate of growth might be a positive sign but it's where you are growing from that counts.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I did. 4391 (that was within 5 miles). Population of Glasgow and the Clyde Valley conurbation 1.755 million. 30% of households so, unscientifically, let's say 70% of the population are of working age, that amounts to 1,228,500. Unemployment rate for Glasgow is 30% so that is 368,550 out of work for which there are 4391 vacancies on the government website!!!!

As I said, not scientific, but just trying to demonstrate the old adage about statistics!!! Of course there will be scroungers but there will be many, especially older ones who can't get a job because no one wants to retrain them.

Rate of growth might be a positive sign but it's where you are growing from that counts.

The unemployment figure for the whole of Scotland is less than 200,000

http://www.heraldscotland.com/polit...employment-rate-falls-below-200000-x.20832473

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii

I was wondering if you had any conspiracy theories that you'd like to share with NSC on the Ariel Castro thread? I could do with a giggle. Or do the tin foil hat brigade stay away from rape, kidnap and torture.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Shocking figures,just apart from money what damage does this do to a nation ?

None really. Not compared to the Black Death, or the Luftwaffe, or the demise of the UK coal industry....or shipbuilding, or heavy engineering generally.

I have a feeling Blighty will survive even this...

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I was wondering if you had any conspiracy theories that you'd like to share with NSC on the Ariel Castro thread? I could do with a giggle. Or do the tin foil hat brigade stay away from rape, kidnap and torture.

ROFL! Thank you :D

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
That's households without anyone working, not households claiming benefits, there is a significant difference. These numbers include the retired, those unable to work for genuine reasons such as disabilities or dependencies.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here