Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    America will win the world cup before England. Their coaching system and small sided games, with a focus on Futsal, will mean they overtake England by the 2018 world cup. They have been using the small sided games for about 15 years (like Spain/France), England implemented it this year.

I shudder at the abuse I will get when USA go further than England.
    **** this shit...im off for a drink....

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Foreign TV corporations, Foreign club ownership, foreign managers, foreign sponsors, too many foreign players and foreign fans in the majority. That's the Premiership is a global business and we've no chance. One day the bubble will bust (and all bubbles do) and we'll get control back...

I really believe Greg's heart is in the right place and he's probably the best we've got, whether he can change things I'm not so sure.

P.S If we're gonna win a WC, any one but Qatar please. Maybe aim for 2026 in England, we never win on foreign soil anyway

0 Not allowed!
      With all those English players playing regularly in the top flight he mentions we must have been awesome in the 1992 Euros or the 1994 World Cup
      The ONLY Gay in Brighton El Presidente's Avatar

Greg Dyke ..... spot on ....

0 Not allowed!
      UEFA Pro and 'A' licenced coaches

Spain 32,000
      Germany 22,000
      France 24,000
      Italy 18,000

England 2,000.

Nuff said?

Dyke can point as many fingers as he likes at the PL but the problem lies at grass roots.
      Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Spain 32,000
      Germany 22,000
      France 24,000
      Italy 18,000

England 2,000.

Nuff said?

Dyke can point as many fingers as he likes at the PL but the problem lies at grass roots.
      We should send more youngsters abroad as well then, whilst we get our own house in order.

0 Not allowed!

Spain 32,000
      Germany 22,000
      France 24,000
      Italy 18,000

England 2,000.

Nuff said?

But the problem is how do you fund grass roots and surely that means more money coming from the PL because that is where the overwhelming bulk of it goes.

As for Dykes assertion that we should aim to win the 2022 world cup how ridiculous on several fronts. Firstly, he dismisses next year, which is fair enough, but one of the main reasons being that it is hard to win in South America!!! Exactly how much easier is it going to be to win a world cup in the middle of a desert, with or without AC stadiums? Also, the players that take us there in 9 years time, are already in the existing coaching set up, ie they are likely to be in the age group 16/20 plus a few senior pros. We've yet to get the 32k pro coaches that other countries may have so it's going to be some time before the effect filters through.

0 Not allowed!
      Raises concerns on "the number of foreign owners, players and coaches" in the game now. The last coach Dyke appointed when he was chairman at Brentford ?

Uwe Rosler.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tiptop24 View Post
      America will win the world cup before England. Their coaching system and small sided games, with a focus on Futsal, will mean they overtake England by the 2018 world cup. They have been using the small sided games for about 15 years (like Spain/France), England implemented it this year.

I shudder at the abuse I will get when USA go further than England.
      I think you might be right

0 Not allowed!

Spain 32,000
      Germany 22,000
      France 24,000
      Italy 18,000

England 2,000.

Nuff said?

It's unbelievable the difference isn't it?
      Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

0 Not allowed!
      It really is incredibly easy to point out problems, as snail polisher did. It is far harder to come up with solutions, of which he had zero.
      "I wasted £100 on a hotel room, another £100 on drink, whole weekend a complete waste of money, all in all the worst away day iv'e ever had ever. i can handle wasting good money, but seeing palace players getting laughed at by that lot, being laughed at as we leave the ground, that f***ing hurts, feel numb today, feel totaly numb with shock, going to take a long time to get over this one."