Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The roadworks Newhaven to Seaford A259

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Been taking up to an hour to get through these. However, I understand they are stopping them about now, rather than the scheduled 4.30 but will be back at 7.00 tonight. It's too hot at the moment for the tar to set..

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
According to ESCC Twitter the work may be about to start again. Reports from local garage about tar on cars now taking 2 hours to clean off plus lots of loose stones in the area. Hope you all keeping up with this ongoing situation

Makes a change from the drama of the transfer market.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Im going to be thick here. Would this effect me coming from Lewes, through Piddinghoe to Newhaven?

Sorry for the (probably obvious) question.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I drove through 1/4 mile of non compacted mot type 1 on Monday on my way home on that stretch.
Sounded like the car was being shot at.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
B & H buses are putting on extra vehicles and drivers to get folk home before roadworks start again. Also Bus tickets being accepted on train services between Brighton and Eastbourne and presumably Seaford

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Best advice is to just dont use the A259, go via the A27 instead. Took 1 hour on the bus to get through the work yesterday, that isnt including the 30 minute waits for the bus to actually get to Brighton and getting home.....nor does it include the incredibly uncomfortable journeys because of the hot weather and packed buses. Shame the bus company didnt have the sense to allow the trains to accept bus tickets yesterday....or add extra vehicles....or simply divert between Denton and Eastbourne via the A27 and just have Denton - Seaford shuttles.

Absolute cock-up the council contractors have made, the work should have just been done over a couple of nights, that way the temperature would be lower and there is much, much less traffic on the roads.

Works should have been completed yesterday and will now last until tomorrow at least - this is why major work should be done during full closures during the night.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Just returned from seaford sporting new hot tar and loose chippings tyres 1 of which gave up the ghost and deflated quicker than a west stand song iif you can avoid it do so .

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Just returned from seaford sporting new hot tar and loose chippings tyres 1 of which gave up the ghost and deflated quicker than a west stand song iif you can avoid it do so .

I would have thought that with you being The Mayor of Newhaven and Denton, you would have organised this better.

SACK THE MAYOR

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
You do realise i now need a lift to work in the morning dont you ! n its just Denton btw , never heard of newhaven :p

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Thinking about it, I suppose the Mayor must take some credit, such a backward underdeveloped area geting tarmac at last.
The pony and traps wont believe their luck once the it sets. All those years on mud and clinker tracks.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
You do realise i now need a lift to work in the morning dont you ! n its just Denton btw , never heard of newhaven :p

Have to get the Mayoral Limo out of mothballs

D

Deleted member 22389

According to ESCC Twitter the work may be about to start again. Reports from local garage about tar on cars now taking 2 hours to clean off plus lots of loose stones in the area. Hope you all keeping up with this ongoing situation

Makes a change from the drama of the transfer market.

So that what was hitting the bottom of the car yesterday evening lol.

D

Deleted member 22389

Best advice is to just dont use the A259, go via the A27 instead. Took 1 hour on the bus to get through the work yesterday, that isnt including the 30 minute waits for the bus to actually get to Brighton and getting home.....nor does it include the incredibly uncomfortable journeys because of the hot weather and packed buses. Shame the bus company didnt have the sense to allow the trains to accept bus tickets yesterday....or add extra vehicles....or simply divert between Denton and Eastbourne via the A27 and just have Denton - Seaford shuttles.

Absolute cock-up the council contractors have made, the work should have just been done over a couple of nights, that way the temperature would be lower and there is much, much less traffic on the roads.

Works should have been completed yesterday and will now last until tomorrow at least - this is why major work should be done during full closures during the night.

Agreed, hot or not it should have been done at night due to the disruption. I gave up trying to get to Newhaven on Tuesday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here