Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Independent (free paper) vs The Argus

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I always pick up the free Brighton Independent for the Albion pages (although are the articles lifted from elsewhere?) but I have to say the rest of it is utter,utter gash,: filled with reports of crimes and trials (really promoting the city there) and then there's the odious bile written by Mike Holland, wtf? So, I only ever read the back pages and do the Sudoko on the train and the rest is ignored. However, I guess it's presence is severely damaging The Argus? (which I admit I rarely buy).

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It being utter gash would mean it was journalistically above the Metro

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I think what might damage the argus is the rather prohibitive price as well as its poor writing. I have to say I usually purchase it while i'm down there for a game but end up rather uninspired even by the Albion coverage. I was going to start a thread a few weeks back on this because in Liverpool the Echo provides excellent coverage of the big two plus Tranmere with regular contributions and columns from knowledgeable ex-players. Yet ours just seems to be Andy Naylor and Brian Owen. The one bit I think is actually decent is Owen's analysis of the team we are facing. Otherwse it's all very underwhelming.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
Both appalling in terms of journalism and content/bias .....the lefts equivalent of the Daily Mail.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We've just come back from our 2 week vacation on the Sunshine Coast and never bought The Argus whereas in the past we got one every day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here