Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T: Scammers - broadband

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Afternoon NSC.

Yesterday, I had an amusing phone call from someone with an Indian accent claiming to be my broadband provider (I shit you not, they literally said they're my ISP without stating they're from Virgin).

They asked for access to my computer to access how and why my broadband was slow. Virgin's slow as shit anyway, but this was funny. I promptly asked him to provide me with his company registration number after I asked if he was from Virgin, he said they're an outsourced company. He said he was not at liberty to give my the C-Reg number and I then said it's open to the public as it's on Companies House. He hung up.

Any one else with funny stories similar or atleast had these guys ringing up?

Don't know if it is funny but I make myself laugh

PPI calls tell me i'm owed money (I'm not now) I give them some basic untrue details and then insist they "give me my money" then argue that they said I was owed money and "I WANT IT NOW!" they usually hang up.

When told "their records show I've had an accident in the last three years" and ask to elaborate, I inform them it was the day I shit my self in Tesco's, after a little more questioning they usually hang up.

and when rang from 'Consumer Lifestyles' I just shout down the phone "I know who you are, Tell Mendoza he'll get his money I just want my daughter back, please don't hurt her!", they usually hang up

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

PPI calls tell me i'm owed money (I'm not now) I give them some basic untrue details and then insist they "give me my money" then argue that they said I was owed money and "I WANT IT NOW!" they usually hang up.

When told "their records show I've had an accident in the last three years" and ask to elaborate, I inform them it was the day I shit my self in Tesco's, after a little more questioning they usually hang up.

and when rang from 'Consumer Lifestyles' I just shout down the phone "I know who you are, Tell Mendoza he'll get his money I just want my daughter back, please don't hurt her!", they usually hang up

Yes, very amusing, especially the last one. Can I pinch it please?

I keep a whistle by my landline. Just about everyone who calls it is cold calling, since I use my mobile for everything. Recently, I've got into the habit of picking the landline up when it rings and immediately blowing the whistle down it. Really upset my mother on Sunday.... :(

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
One of my latest is to apologize at the start for my Tourettes and then keep shouting "c**t" "b*ll*cks" and "wanke*" in the middle of thier pitch.
It's very immature I know, and I'm sorry...

I keep a whistle by my landline. (

I do this

One of my latest is to apologize at the start for my Tourettes and then keep shouting "c**t" "b*ll*cks" and "wanke*" in the middle of thier pitch.
It's very immature I know, and I'm sorry...

But will be using this from now on.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Depending on my mood,I either ignore them or tell them to f--- off!
Had some horrible boiler room scam geezer on a couple of years back and as I was bored,I let him do his despicable spiel,got him all excited and then proceeded to tell him his life story!I then put the phone down and he rang back about 3 times hurling abuse at me.
Great fun.
Tosser!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
With PPI calls ( and texts ) I show an interest so they send out a pack to me - free paper for the rabbit's hutch and I know it's cost them money.

I don't do it anymore as I get very little junk mail but I used to use the Freepost envelopes to post back another companies junk mail. Immature I know but it amused me especially knowing they had to pay for every FREEPOST envelope used.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

Haha, that's great!

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Have you tried the 'Yes' game? When cold callers ring, reply "yes" to everything they say and see how long you can go before they hang up.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I've had 3 calls in the last 9 months with someone claiming to be from Microsoft [thought there was a thread on this a while back - can't be bothered to search - soz].
He tells me there is a problem with my computer software and he needs to help me fix it.
Although I have 8 PCs and Laptops in the house I tell them "but I don't have a computer, how can this be"
and they hang up immediately .... sorted.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I've had 3 calls in the last 9 months with someone claiming to be from Microsoft [thought there was a thread on this a while back - can't be bothered to search - soz].
He tells me there is a problem with my computer software and he needs to help me fix it.
Although I have 8 PCs and Laptops in the house I tell them "but I don't have a computer, how can this be"
and they hang up immediately .... sorted.
Ah yes, I remember that thread! When I use to work at Halfords, they rung us twice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here