Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World Cup 2014- who will qualify?

Oct 25, 2003
We're not far off knowing who will travel to Brazil next year in pursuit of immortal glory....who do you think will be the 32?

Europe (13 places)
1. Belgium
2. Italy
3. Germany
4. Netherlands
5. Bosnia & Herzegovina
6. England
7. Spain
8. Switzerland
9. Croatia
10. Montenegro
11. Russia
12. France
13. Sweden

Asia (4.5 places)

14. Iran
15. South Korea
16. Japan
17. Australia

Uzbekistan go into play off

Africa (5 places)

18. Ivory Coast
19. Ghana
20. Egypt
21. Nigeria
22. Tunisia

North, Central America/Caribbean (3.5 places)

23. USA
24. Costa Rica
25. Mexico

Honduras go into play off

South America (4.5 places)

26. Argentina
27. Colombia
28. Ecuador
29. Chile

Uruguay go into play off

Hosts

30. Brazil

Play offs (Uzbekistan vs Uruguay, Honduras vs New Zealand)

31. Uruguay
32. New Zealand

THAT'S WHAT I THINK ANYWAY

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'm going to put it out there, and I fully expect to be slaughtered for it.

I don't think England will qualify.

There, I said it. Please don't be too nasty to me.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London

I agree with you. We have technically poor players and a tactically outdated manager.

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
We're not far off knowing who will travel to Brazil next year in pursuit of immortal glory....who do you think will be the 32?

Europe (13 places)
1. Belgium
2. Italy
3. Germany
4. Netherlands
5. Bosnia & Herzegovina
6. England
7. Spain
8. Switzerland
9. Croatia
10. Montenegro
11. Russia
12. France
13. Sweden

Asia (4.5 places)

14. Iran
15. South Korea
16. Japan
17. Australia

Africa (5 places)

18. Ivory Coast
19. Ghana
20. Egypt
21. Nigeria
22. Tunisia

23. USA
24. Costa Rica
25. Mexico

26. Argentina
27. Colombia
28. Ecuador
29. Chile

Uruguay go into play off

Hosts

30. Brazil

31. Uruguay
32. New Zealand

Crikey! you've done your homework, including palyoffs.

I have to agree that will Brazil will def qualify.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick

Hate to say it , but I agree think we look lightweight and very few if any WORLD class players.

Oct 25, 2003

I probably would've agreed with you had Montenegro not dropped a massive bollock and lost their last game 4-0. They would've been nailed on for top spot had they won that. As it stands England are two points behind with a game in hand.

England have:
Moldova (H)
Ukraine (A)
Montenegro (H)
Poland (H)

Montenegro have:
Poland (A)
England (A)
Moldova (H)

it's going to be close for sure....may well hinge on England escaping from Kiev without losing

Stumpy Tim

We certainly need the emergence of some real talent. I really hope Sturridge's run of games at Liverpool will propel him to leading our attack, so we can use Rooney behind him in his natural position. Despite what people say, we do have enough talent to get to the World Cup. Walcott, Rooney, Sturridge, and Wilshire are all attacking players good enough to play international football.

Our back five worries me massively.

Ravids

Jun 19, 2013
Fishersgate Maritime Village

Europe (13 places)
1. Belgium
2. Italy
3. Germany
4. Netherlands
5. Bosnia & Herzegovina
6. England
7. Spain
8. Switzerland
9. Croatia
10. Montenegro
11. Russia
12. France
13. Sweden

Asia (4.5 places)

14. Iran
15. South Korea
16. Japan
17. Australia

Africa (5 places)

18. Ivory Coast
19. Ghana
20. Egypt
21. Nigeria
22. Tunisia

23. USA
24. Costa Rica
25. Mexico

26. Argentina
27. Colombia
28. Ecuador
29. Chile

Uruguay go into play off

Hosts

30. Brazil

31. Uruguay
32. New Zealand

Why aren't Scotland on that list?!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
We certainly need the emergence of some real talent. I really hope Sturridge's run of games at Liverpool will propel him to leading our attack, so we can use Rooney behind him in his natural position.

Rooney is out of the upcoming two qualifiers - a nasty gash in training from clashing heads with Phil Jones. Sturridge is undetaking light training away from the rest of the squad as they try to get him fit. I can see Walcott leading the line on Friday.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Rooney is out of the upcoming two qualifiers - a nasty gash in training from clashing heads with Phil Jones. Sturridge is undetaking light training away from the rest of the squad as they try to get him fit. I can see Walcott leading the line on Friday.

A cut head? It's not as though his brain is going to fall out is it? This seems a long long way away from the days when players would play WC qualifiers covered in blood.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I CBA to check, but are there any other fairly big football countries in danger of missing out, aside from England?

I know Mexico are in big trouble in the hex and it would be a shock if they missed out. Cameroon missing out might be considered a shock too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In some ways I hope England don't make it. It might concentrate some minds, and wake a few others up.

I'm still waiting for the root and branch report from the last time England failed to qualify.

Oct 25, 2003
I CBA to check, but are there any other fairly big football countries in danger of missing out, aside from England?

I know Mexico are in big trouble in the hex and it would be a shock if they missed out. Cameroon missing out might be considered a shock too.

Well one of Portugal and Russia will need play-offs....both could even be leapfrogged by Israel. France will almost definitely need the play-offs as they're in the same group as Spain. Uruguay are a long way of 4th spot and will need to hold off Venezuela and Peru to get a play-off spot (against Uzbekistan/Jordan). Mexico are 1 point clear of 4th spot...with 4th spot getting a play off against New Zealand anyway so they should be fine. Africa is a complete mystery as they haven't entered their last round yet (10 of the current group winners going for 5 spots) so Cameroon could well make it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I agree that Montenegro's 4-0 defeat to Ukraine has really hindered their chances. Had they won that they would probably have won the group with England almost certain to be runners-up and go into the play-offs. While Montenegro losing 4-0 has really helped England's chances of winning the group, what nobody is really paying attention to is that it has also brought Ukraine right back into play. If they beat England in Kiev next week then suddenly they're favourites to win the group. And if they do that, then England v Montenegro effectively becomes a 'winner takes the play-off spot' game.

Montenegro have England and Poland away which is tough, but Ukraine have four matches left and two of them are against San Marino. They also have the advantage of playing England on home soil. I reckon they're the team to be wary of.

Spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here