Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Dad Life long Albion fan

gatwickseagull07

Jan 30, 2012
Exeter
My Dad Richard Verrall aged 55 was a life long Albion fan, he passed away at his home in Hailsham suddenly on Friday evening, he had suffered a massive unexpected heart attack, he was healthy non-smoker didnt drink much. He was a life long Albion fan and shared my season ticket in the North stand behind the goal. He said on friday that he had a few pains, but like us guys do he just shrugged it off. I just want to urge any one who has any symptoms to get checked out. My Dad was loved by soo many at football & eastbourne speedway his two favourite things. If you knew him & would like to pay your respects the details of the funeral will be in the local paper & you can contact me for anything. I am absolutely gutted by this loss as anyone can imagine, I'm sure people have suffered the same thing in their own families. I just want to let any one know who knew him & urge everyone to check any symptoms. Thank you :bhasign:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sorry to hear your loss, 21 years ago my dad died suddenly after a heart attack. He too complained of a 'few pains'. Sober reminder to all of us not to shrug it off - your dad was younger than I am, that's a sobering thought. Cherish your happy memories of him and thank him for making you an Albion fan

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey, that's no age. Condolences to you and your family. RIP Richard.

gatwickseagull07

Jan 30, 2012
Exeter
Thank you for your kind words, I know he had sooo much to live for & was looking forward to 2 matches at speedway on Saturday & was looking forward to the Bolton match in a few weeks

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
My Dad Richard Verrall aged 55 was a life long Albion fan, he passed away at his home in Hailsham suddenly on Friday evening, he had suffered a massive unexpected heart attack, he was healthy non-smoker didnt drink much. He was a life long Albion fan and shared my season ticket in the North stand behind the goal. He said on friday that he had a few pains, but like us guys do he just shrugged it off. I just want to urge any one who has any symptoms to get checked out. My Dad was loved by soo many at football & eastbourne speedway his two favourite things. If you knew him & would like to pay your respects the details of the funeral will be in the local paper & you can contact me for anything. I am absolutely gutted by this loss as anyone can imagine, I'm sure people have suffered the same thing in their own families. I just want to let any one know who knew him & urge everyone to check any symptoms. Thank you :bhasign:
Bloody hell mate, you should have said on Saturday, we could have raised a glass or two together whilst we were in the Swan..... deepest sympathies dude, my turn to drive next time.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Very sorry to hear that. RIP. A tough time for you and your family, but try and remember the good times and celebrate his life.

Totally echo your comments - we lost a local teacher last week to a sudden heart attack. Taught my eldest last year and was only 45. Shocking and very difficult to take in. I wish you all the best for the coming weeks and months

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
So sorry to hear that. No age at all... thoughts with you and the family.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
So sorry to about your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

gatwickseagull07

Jan 30, 2012
Exeter
I didn't even find out til Sunday morning mate, he was on his own with the dogs from friday nite, until my uncle found him Sunday morning :(

My condolences to you and your family.

My Grandfather was a lifelong Albion fan who in his younger days was often at the Goldstone. As a child, I used to love traveling down to Angmering, taking every newspaper clipping I could find about Brighton games and just chat for ages with him about the Albion. The passion I have for BHA is all down to him. He's been gone for 20 plus years now, I still miss him and our chats.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Sorry for the loss of your dad fella . The name rings a bell though i cant place the face , did your dad go to Patcham Fawcett ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here