Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vincelot

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Shortlisted for League One player of the month. Well done to him, always liked him, always "gave 110%" as they say in footieland.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
His versatility was his downfall when with us. I liked him - glad he is doing well.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I was very disappointed when he went, very useful in a number of positions..... Good on him.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
His header against Coventry at the Amex during our first season there was a cracking goal. Very underrated player I thought but always a useful player to have about as he could cover a number of positions. Pleased to see him doing well.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I did like him, but technically I think we wasn't quite good enough for us with his touch and passing.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Very decent player. I personally think he would probably have got better and better the more he played for us.
Releasing him was a mistake imo.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I still have no idea why we let him go. Must have fallen out with Gus.

His leaving was something of a mystery to me. Reasonable player and versatile, decent squad man, unless he wanted more first team opportunities?

Very decent player. I personally think he would probably have got better and better the more he played for us.
Releasing him was a mistake imo.

All of the above.
Really good player who would have only improved with time.
I'm thinking he crossed GP who then showed him the door.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Good versatile player who we should have kept. Real shame to see him go. Really never had a proper opportunity at the Albion.

What position is he playing for Orient?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
We certainly wouldn't be worrying quite so much about fullbacks right now had we kept him. Could play centre mid too..

Are we? We've Bruno, Calde, Ward and Chicksen. Not sure he would play ahead of any of those, perhaps Chicksen. As for centre Mid, he would be miles off the 1st team in that area.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
His leaving was something of a mystery to me. Reasonable player and versatile, decent squad man, unless he wanted more first team opportunities?

I seem to recall at the time Gus Poyet saying something about Vincelot becoming a victim of going back to the 7 substitute rule leaving less need for a player with his versatility on the bench.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Yes he was mainly on the bench in the 5 subs season. But having said that, he put in some great performances at left back, and I would rather have had Vincelot there than Painter to be honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here