Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ariel Castro - The Ohio Kidnapper

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
The guy that held 3 women captive for 10 years had hung himself.

Poetic justice or a cowards escape?

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I'm firmly of the opinion that sick individuals like Castro, Venables, Huntley and their ilk should be locked away for the rest of their days, and be allowed to go mad with boredom (and hopefully, remorse), thinking of what they've done. Death is far too quick and far too kind.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
If only there was an option to give scum like that a really slow horrendously painful death as an alternative

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
I heard on the news that he had been jailed for 1000 years. Is this a worse punishment than being jailed for the rest of his life?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I'm sure you didn't mean to be but to consider his death poetic justice for the vile crimes that he comitted is insulting to his victims to a massive degree.

I'm normally one of the do-gooder leftie fraternity on here but his crimes were just abhorrent.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
He would have eventually gone insane in solitary confinement and would have probably killed himself anyway.

Cowards way out from a sick man.

I heard on the news that he had been jailed for 1000 years. Is this a worse punishment than being jailed for the rest of his life?

Not really as its the same thing, he would have never left prison basically, where as a Life Sentence in the UK is a minimum of 25 years.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm firmly of the opinion that sick individuals like Castro, Venables, Huntley and their ilk should be locked away for the rest of their days, and be allowed to go mad with boredom (and hopefully, remorse), thinking of what they've done. Death is far too quick and far too kind.

Mostly agree.

A bit harsh on El Tel though, perhaps?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
So he imprisoned others, chained up and raped them, for 10 years but killed himself after being imprisoned for what, only a few months? I think it's a fallacy that criminals sit quietly feeling remorseful in jail. Like all of us they justify their actions in their own mind and probably don't think about their victims at all. I think they should be allowed to kill themselves and not be checked on every 30 minutes (as was meant to be happening with him). Save the taxpayer money which can be better spent.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Was the cowards way out. Lets hope Knight, Berry, Berry (JR) and DeJesus have great life's after this terrible ordeal and in Castro's death find some kind of closure. Although I can imagine this trauma staying with them for sometime.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm normally one of the do-gooder leftie fraternity on here but his crimes were just abhorrent.
I can't quite phrase this right, but I'll give it a go, and hopefully you'll catch my drift.

Also being a sandals and hemp shirt wearing woolly liberal, it's (sorry can't think of the right word to use in this horrific context) to have crimes that test my resolve against capital punishment.
It makes sense of my desire to not string everybody up.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

I agree with that but not Venables (and I mean the real one). There is no evidence that he has committed a crime as an adult despite his obvious inclinations. I agree it is harsh on El Tel as well.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here