Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One F in Falmer

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Been having a sort out and came across a copy of the NSC publication One F in Falmer from March 2004. I thought I would start a thread on it as it contains some great articles and is a brilliant reminder of the hard work members of NSC put into the campaign. Contributers include Easy10/ Mike Ward/Tom Hark Preston Park/Gritt123/Safeway/ Atilla/Krispies/Superphil/Biscuit/ Harty and Goldstone Ghost. There are also pictures from National Falmer Day which if I had the facility would somehow scan in.
Of particular interest is the article by Safeway entitled Behind Enemy Lines which describes the brave and ultimately successful attempt of a group of fans to 'get a picture of a Falmer For All poster in the window of The Swan Public House( to be known hereafter as the target), focal point of Falmer Village and the heartbeat of the anti Falmer campaign. Difficult to believe that there was such opposition from this pub at the time and the landlord in particular. I know he passed away and the management is different but how many people who drink pre match realise how different things could have been at The Swan.
If you have a copy of this fanzine then I strongly urge you to dig it out. It is a fantastic piece of history.

A few of Roz's snaps from the campaign in and around Falmer village.

On the bridge over the A27
p164954040-3.jpg

The Swan
p777082790-3.jpg

Safeway, John Woodruff (landlord of the Swan) and Trigger
p867713020-3.jpg

p389362090-3.jpg

Falmer Pond
p126986974-3.jpg

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The middle picture is in the fanzine. Great record of what is almost ten years ago.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The middle picture is in the fanzine. Great record of what is almost ten years ago.

Remember it well. Safeway looks a lot younger there ;) Trigger looks the same - must be the hat!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here