Gally72

Dec 1, 2012
Finally stopped listening to talksport
Can't take any more inane waffle ,went to 5live
Now have nothing to listen to don't know which is worse

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Talksport is total garbage but 5Live is fine if you discount Richard Bacon and that awful northern footy commentator, John Murray.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Talksport is total garbage but 5Live is fine if you discount Richard Bacon and that awful northern footy commentator, John Murray.
Bacon's excellent.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I love a bit of 5live. Especially when cooking dinner at 7pm. The football finance guy last night knew his onions as well.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
For analysis, 5 live, some decent commentators although they do stray into the usual nonsense every now and then.

For live commentary, talksport. They actually give useful information, meanwhile on 5 live Alan Green is reminiscing, making meaningless smalltalk, or ignorantly ranting about something utterly stupid, usually the officials (e.g. "what on earth do these extra officials do?"...they are constantly communicating with the ref you ancient buffoon).

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
To be honest, I quite like TalkSport. I love how easily the listeners bite!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

Agree 6music is really good.

But for Sport related stuff, 5Live takes a great deal of beating.

And if, like me, you listen to radio 4 for the news at various times, it's 4,5,6. - simples.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I have been known to switch on to H&J in the afternoon on TS, but the rest of it is complete bobbins. For some unknown reason I listened to Adrian Durham on Friday go on, and on, and on about how Arsenal were possibly/probably going to get embarrassed by Spurs, and what happens? He just kept going on without actually giving reasons for what he thought. Seemed to be having a right go at the other guy filling in for Goughie (don't get me started on HIM).

I get that show in that they take totally opposing sides to get reactions from listeners, but it's awful to listen to, in my opinion. Sadly there was guff all on the other stations at the time.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I wish Five had a more interesting morning offering. I have only relatively recently made the switch as I need a bit of talk in the morning but can't bear commercial radio and am not old enough to resign myself to Radio 4 just yet.

Nicky Campbell is pretty annoying. I'd rather it was slightly more light hearted and perhaps a bit more sport orientated too. Although I've still not found anything better

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here