Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would We Swop Our Players For Palarse's

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
They seem to want to take our best players who IMO show a lot more promise than all but a handful of their current squad. But, let's be honest, they have made a couple of good signings and they do still have some half-useful players. So, if you could would you swop our squad for theirs?

My answer is a big fat NO!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Speroni as back-up to Kooshack instead of Ankergren? Maybe.

This is about the only one. Would take Murray too but as depth behind Ulloa. Swap him for Barker maybe? Williams would be bench here (generous as we loaded at CM) but has potential. Can't think of anyone else worth the wages tbh!

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Difficult decision personally.

Screen Shot 2013-09-03 at 14.03.48.pngScreen Shot 2013-09-03 at 14.04.09.png

Reckon ours shades it slightly as an overall squad- a lot of very mediocre Championship players in Palace's, defence particularly weak.

I think the way to do it would be to pick an 18 from both and see who has more players in that 18. I'd go for

Kuszczak

Bruno Greer Upson Moxey

Bridcutt Jedinak

Buckley Guedioura Campana

Ulloa​

Subs: Speroni, Gabbidon, Calderon, Puncheon, Orlandi, Chamakh, Williams

Make it 9 each there in a balanced 18. Would say ours maybe slightly the better of the two purely from a defensive perspective. Whereas bar Ulloa and Buckley, they certainly have the edge going forwards, including players outside that 18 as well.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Will not be long before a palace bellend links this to bbs and they all say Brighton fans are deluded, they wouldn't have one of our players in their team.
Maybe Bridcutt and Ulloa could warm their bench.

These make me laugh but we really do need an away section so these type of wind up threads don't pollute main section

Last edited:

albionite

May 20, 2009
Difficult decision personally.

View attachment 46734View attachment 46735

Reckon ours shades it slightly as an overall squad- a lot of very mediocre Championship players in Palace's, defence particularly weak.

I think the way to do it would be to pick an 18 from both and see who has more players in that 18. I'd go for

Kuszczak

Bruno Greer Upson Moxey

Bridcutt Jedinak

Buckley Guedioura Campana

Ulloa​

Subs: Speroni, Gabbidon, Calderon, Puncheon, Orlandi, Chamakh, Williams

Make it 9 each there in a balanced 18. Would say ours maybe slightly the better of the two purely from a defensive perspective. Whereas bar Ulloa and Buckley, they certainly have the edge going forwards, including players outside that 18 as well.

Looks reasonable to me. Debatable if Campana should get a slot over Orlandi also Lopez when he finds his form again

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Probably not. We finished higher last season. They haven't improved their awful defence at all, and it's hard to say what's going to happen with the bizarre attacking options they've brought in.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Will not be long before a palace bellend links this to bbs and they all say Brighton fans are deluded, they wouldn't have one of our players in their team.
Maybe Bridcutt and Ulloa could warm their bench.

These make me laugh but we really do need an away section so these type of wind up threads don't pollute main section

Just a bit of fun.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I'd take Puncheon in a heartbeat - I think he'll prove to be their most shrewd acquisition (albeit on a loan basis).

I'd take Chamakh too - anyone who doubts he'd be very effective in the championship hugely underestimates the gap in quality between the prem and championship in my opinion.

I'd take Williams for the DS too, but that's about it. Not necessarily because I think the rest of our squad is streets ahead, but there's no point swapping for players who aren't used to our passing style.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Anyone saying they wouldn't take Joel Ward is on drugs or hasn't watched Palace play

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Williams might develop into something decent, as could the Spanish lad....the rest meh!

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Joel Ward was shocking for Pompey against us. Remember Vicente completely doing him about 6 times in 30 minutes at the Amex.

I saw in the paper yesterday he has a 100% tackle success rate in the PL this season and has made the most tackles in the league

albionite

May 20, 2009
I saw in the paper yesterday he has a 100% tackle success rate in the PL this season and has made the most tackles in the league

Are you seaside as well? You need to post a few more deluded posts before I make my mind up, you write like him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here