Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Puff Pastry Hangman

Printer/iPad advice

0 Not allowed!
    Good afternoon. I have two questions to put to the collective wisdom of NSC.

First, can anybody recommend a reliable, cheap printer? Would like it to do all the normal stuff (including scanning and photocopying) without breaking down every ten minutes like my last printer. I would also like to be able to print from an iPad.

Second, is there any way I can plug my iPod into the iPad? I'm sure there's a very simple answer here, but at the moment I can't work out how to do it. I'm not great with computers so any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.
    This is the one thing we didn't want to happen.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Why would you want to plug your iPod into your iPad? What are you actually trying to do?
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.
      Rediffusion PlayerofYear Goldstone Rapper's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Shatner's Bassoon View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Second, is there any way I can plug my iPod into the iPad?
      That's illegal.
      Seagulls TV - www.seagulls.tv - the Albion retro site - for videos, profiles, photos, stats
      The Goldstone Wrap - www.thegoldstonewrap.com - the Albion retro blog - for memorabilia and magazine cuttings - a new post every day!
      The Puff Pastry Hangman

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      Why would you want to plug your iPod into your iPad? What are you actually trying to do?
      iPad isn't mine. Owner uses it as her computer. Has an itunes account which she has on there, and would like to be able to get the podcasts/music etc onto an iPod (which she bought before the iPad) in order to listen on the move.
      Get a ****ing life mate ! Phat Baz 68's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Good afternoon. I have two questions to put to the collective wisdom of NSC.

First, can anybody recommend a reliable, cheap printer? Would like it to do all the normal stuff (including scanning and photocopying) without breaking down every ten minutes like my last printer. I would also like to be able to print from an iPad.

Second, is there any way I can plug my iPod into the iPad? I'm sure there's a very simple answer here, but at the moment I can't work out how to do it. I'm not great with computers so any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.
      I have a great printer for sale Kodak 5250 cheap to run too cartridge wise.
      PM me if you likey perfect condition I'm just a gadget man and bought new one that faxes too !!!
      “Players lose you games, not tactics. There’s so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes.”
      Members The Andy Naylor Fan Club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      You could probably bluetooth over any information from one to the other.
      Devil's Advocate (p/t)

0 Not allowed!
      Can't she subscribe to the same podcasts through the podcast app on her iPod? I can on my iPod touch.

If you want to print from your iPad, you need to make sure the printer has AirPrint. Other printers might work with third party apps, but are not always reliable. My epson doesn't print from my iPad with either epson app.
      Please report offensive or libellous posts - read more
      The Puff Pastry Hangman

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Acker79 View Post
      Can't she subscribe to the same podcasts through the podcast app on her iPod? I can on my iPod touch.

If you want to print from your iPad, you need to make sure the printer has AirPrint. Other printers might work with third party apps, but are not always reliable. My epson doesn't print from my iPad with either epson app.
      Thanks Acker; will look out for the AirPrint app. I'm not sure she can do that with this iPod; think it's a fairly old one. Thanks anyway.
      Devil's Advocate (p/t)

0 Not allowed!
      Thanks Acker; will look out for the AirPrint app. I'm not sure she can do that with this iPod; think it's a fairly old one. Thanks anyway.
      Airprint isn't an app, so much as a feature of ipads and later generation ipod touches and iphones that allows you to print without installing drivers. It is also a necessary feature on the printers themselves (if the printer doesn't have airprint you might be able to use a third party app instead). The article below contains a list of airprint printers.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4356
      Please report offensive or libellous posts - read more
      The Puff Pastry Hangman

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Acker79 View Post
      Airprint isn't an app, so much as a feature of ipads and later generation ipod touches and iphones that allows you to print without installing drivers. It is also a necessary feature on the printers themselves (if the printer doesn't have airprint you might be able to use a third party app instead). The article below contains a list of airprint printers.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4356
      Great stuff, thanks.