Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking problem at the Amex sorted

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Wild Park is the place.

I noticed on Saturday that a number of families were parked there for picnics ... in fact most had even brought their caravans along ... and I didn't see anyone handing out parking tickets.

Clearly therefore Wild Park is available for anyone to park a car, van or caravan for a few hours.

Why had no one mentioned this option before?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Wild Park is the place.

I noticed on Saturday that a number of families were parked there for picnics ... in fact most had even brought their caravans along ... and I didn't see anyone handing out parking tickets.

Clearly therefore Wild Park is available for anyone to park a car, van or caravan for a few hours.

Not sure how much of it would be left when you got back

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Wild Park is the place.

Alas only available to anyone whose middle name 's 'Pikey'.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If football fans had the temerity to park there the police would send in half of the Sussex force and call in the horses from South Wales.

When the travellers turnde up the police asked the council to open the gates!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If every single person who drives to The Amex parked there the police wouldn't do owt. One or two cars would get towed.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
For a moment there I thought the club had spotted their stewards sunbathing by Bennetts Field after Saturday's game and realised that if they had been working directing traffic they could have cleared the car park in half the time :lolol:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Really makes me fecking mad. I am being discriminated against because I am not a Pikey.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
You're being discriminated against?

In what way are you suffering at the hands of the authorities?

I'm not sure it's that complicated.

If I park in Wild Park I get a ticket. The Pikeys park in Wild Park and don't get tickets.

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
I'm now in my 3rd year of parking near the Amex without being found out, the net is closing in though. More stewards wandering around now than ever.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I'm now in my 3rd year of parking near the Amex without being found out, the net is closing in though. More stewards wandering around now than ever.

Do tell. Promise I won't disclose the information to a soul.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Then don't park at Wild Park, and you won't get a ticket.

That's not discrimination, that's common sense.

Oh.
Your use of logic and intelligence is ruining this thread's intended racism and ignorance. Please cease and desist. :cheers:

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Wild park isn't in the restriction zone. Neither is Stanmer Park. Only that Stanmer has stewards. I find a mountain bike on the back seats and lack of Albion shirt and the Stanmer Park stewards are more than accommodating.
"No football parking here sir" "oh no I'm going on a bike ride, can't stand bloody football"

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Then don't park at Wild Park, and you won't get a ticket.

That's not discrimination, that's common sense.

Oh.

No, no, no, no.

I am DEFINITELY being discriminated against if I park someplace (anyplace) and get a ticket, but someone else parking in exactly the same place does not get a ticket. If that's not discrimination, what is it?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Wild park isn't in the restriction zone. Neither is Stanmer Park. Only that Stanmer has stewards. I find a mountain bike on the back seats and lack of Albion shirt and the Stanmer Park stewards are more than accommodating.
"No football parking here sir" "oh no I'm going on a bike ride, can't stand bloody football"

Well done you!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
No, no, no, no.

I am DEFINITELY being discriminated against if I park someplace (anyplace) and get a ticket, but someone else parking in exactly the same place does not get a ticket. If that's not discrimination, what is it?

'If'.

You're not though parking there though, are you? So what are you whining about?

I'll tell you what. Go and park in Wild Park, get yourself a parking ticket, see how many others get one, and report back.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
I drove through Stanmere park last week before the game and did think why am I paying 15 quid or whatever it was to park when I could park anywhere here and be just as close....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here