Yeovil V Brighton
Brighton V Watford
Doncaster V Brighton
Brighton V Blackburn
Bournemouth V Brighton
Brighton V Barnsley
Brighton V Leicester
Middlesbrough V Brighton

Sharp seems the obvious one, but is Guidetti still available, and could we get him ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
SSN did say last night that Sharp was likely to be heading out on loan.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sharp or Guidetti would be ideal. Sharp is a professional northerner though (stint at Southampton, excepted), so I reckon he's more likely to end up somewhere like Burnley.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Wont be Carlton Cole - his agent, Barry Silkman, on BBC hinting he is going back to West Ham today as a free agent

Last edited:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Sharp or Guidetti would be ideal. Sharp is a professional northerner though (stint at Southampton, excepted), so I reckon he's more likely to end up somewhere like Burnley.

Agreed. I've always rated the lad but he's always struck me as one of those players that will only ever do anything up north.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Vaz Te is available on loan too, he didn't end up going to The Canaries.
Probably won't drop down a division unless it was for reasons other than footballing he didn't go to Norwich.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I've got my doubts the loan striker will be a Sharp or Guidetti type signing as he is more than likely going to be third choice here behind Ulloa and Barnes, I can't see it being anything more than a youngster from a premier league club who will hope to get a bit of first team action.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Makes me laugh all these names being banded around. I bet the loan will be someone we have never heard of.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Makes me laugh all these names being banded around. I bet the loan will be someone we have never heard of.

Don't think it can be from overseas, so that reduces the options.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Why does it make you laugh ?
It's perfectly reasonable for people to name players almost certainly within our budget that are available on loan and obviously surplus to requirements at their parent clubs.
We don't play in league 2 anymore so perfectly reasonable again to assume some if not all of theses players would be willing to play for Brighton.
Who would have thought 5/6 years ago Wayne Bridge or Matthew Upson would be pulling on Albion shirts ?????

Nigel's Mate

Sep 1, 2013
With Jerome arriving it seems Wilbraham is available- short commute for the lad too. Also has a similar aerial ability to Glad Ulloa.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
With Jerome arriving it seems Wilbraham is available- short commute for the lad too. Also has a similar aerial ability to Glad Ulloa.

More likely to go to Crawley I would imagine.

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
"Who would have thought 5/6 years ago Wayne Bridge or Matthew Upson would be pulling on Albion shirts ?? "

Very True, not to mention a few others. Seems to have slowed down a bit though and must be down to the dreaded FFP!
I dont think the club would have any problem attracting some of the names that have mentioned but I do think they will struggle to meet the wage demands.

Nigel's Mate

Sep 1, 2013
More likely to go to Crawley I would imagine.

It would be a good move for him to be honest.

It was a desperation signing at the time, but as we have seen we are now able to pull in a higher calibre of player.

Are you Glad Ulloa that Ulloa is staying?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Why does it make you laugh ?
It's perfectly reasonable for people to name players almost certainly within our budget that are available on loan and obviously surplus to requirements at their parent clubs.
We don't play in league 2 anymore so perfectly reasonable again to assume some if not all of theses players would be willing to play for Brighton.
Who would have thought 5/6 years ago Wayne Bridge or Matthew Upson would be pulling on Albion shirts ?????

Because fans expectations and reality are usually miles apart. Bridge was a one off as money means nothing to Man City and Upson was not up to Premier League standard any more but can you see us meeting Vaz Te's wage demands?

More likely to be a Billy Paynter than a Billy Sharp.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If we get a loan then they have to know they are mostly going to be a sub . This should rule out any well known players and players that have the option of game time elsewhere .

Hard to see beyond a dev squad player from elsewhere I'd say

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here