Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread about BHA

What is your target for BHA this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
My target would be to have no palace bellends on NSC by the end of the season.
What would I settle for? One or two left being ridiculed.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
The difference between the middle eighteen or so places in the table is such that except for the inevitable couple of teams that crash and burn, and the couple of teams that walk the league, anyone could finish anywhere.

Oct 25, 2003
we finished 4th last season after finishing very strongly (play offs not included!). We've only really lost Bridge and Hammond from our regular starters. Bridge has been replaced by Ward who isn't as good but perfectly good for a team challenging at the top. Hammond has been improved upon by a combination of Andrews, an improved Crofts and the emergence of Rohan the man beast (not convinced by Agustein yet). Remember that we didn't have Upson or Ulloa for the first half of last season and we were brilliant from that point. Ulloa particularly looks even better than last season.

So we finished 4th last season and are probably better than we were this time last year....so around 4th ie. play offs

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
It's going to take time for Oscar to implement his system but we'll get a lot better as the season goes on. We'll lose the ball more but we'll start to expose teams as we get used to moving the ball quicker. 3rd place. Promotion through the play-offs.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
The difference between the middle eighteen or so places in the table is such that except for the inevitable couple of teams that crash and burn, and the couple of teams that walk the league, anyone could finish anywhere.

Last season was particularly tight, and no-one really maintained a high level of consistency. Is it a cert that this season will revert to type? Why shouldn't a potential also-ran maybe have the opportunity to mug one of the high flyers? Shouldn't you shoot for auto to at least get a good chance of playoffs?

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patreon
Jun 26, 2009
East
Target: play-offs
Settle for: attractive, entertaining football; no financial problems for the club; not relegated

Oct 25, 2003
we do have a striker who is, in my opinion, the best in the division in Ulloa which can make a huge difference. Had we had him all of last season we would've comfortably achieved automatic promotion...I'm in no doubt about that.

Best striker I've seen at the club....that includes FFSMurray

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
The close season was tough and there is the feeling that the division is tougher this year. I would settle for a top half finish this season. No sense in being greedy and being in the Championship is great.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I'd love to say I think we'll be top 6, but realistically think we'll be 10th-12th

Whatever anyone says the whole club was shaken by what happened in the summer, and its going to take a while to stabilise.

Having said that, anything in this league is possible. Anyone can beat anyone, that's why it's so exciting, rather then the Prem where I could pretty much predict who will finish where at the start of the season.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I think we are stronger overall than last season but the ridiculous disruption after our capitulation in the playoffs is having an impact. Consistency will take time and will hold us back this year. That said, it is.possible that we will do a Reading and go on a great run and do the business (unlikely though).

QPR and forest and one other for me this year but chances are that the one other won't be us. A decent transition year is fine by me though as if ffp stays the effect will be seen from the following season where we will be well positioned and those falling out of the premiership will be really very poor and on a downward spiral

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Top 3 I think, hopefully sneak top 2.

Top 6 would be ok, but lower wouldn't be a disaster.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
OG will prove to be the best manager this club has ever had.
We will take a little time to get going. Forget August and September. Beyond that, we will start eating teams alive. We will have two new loanees within the next two weeks and they will make us even stronger.
Top 8 in November, steady progress thereafter, established top six. Promoted with Forest and QPR.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here