Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ozil has failed his medical at Arsenal......

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought it was because Madrid wouldn't accept payment in pounds, shillings and pence.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
:lolol:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think you are taking this a bit too seriously.

I would accept the comment if I had stopped at "The medical happened in Germany". I was intending to add to the general hilarity - obviously failed dismally. My alternative would have been to ask whether they imported the dust specially.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The lack of trophy wouldn't have any detrimental effect on the cleaning personel's fulfilment of their duties to clean any display area.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The lack of trophy wouldn't have any detrimental effect on the cleaning personel's fulfilment of their duties to clean any display area.

Quite. To be honest, I don't think this story is even true. The media are still reporting the transfer as having gone through.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Quite. To be honest, I don't think this story is even true. The media are still reporting the transfer as having gone through.

Perchance some scalliwag in Croydon made it up to overcome the embarrassment of both their potential signings not occurring once the players had arrived and seen the training ground.

Clearly the arsenal trophy room is far more believable

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I don't think having an asthmatic attack would make you fail a medical. Lots of footballers have asthma including David Beckham who was well-known for the ground he covered during games. No this sounds a bit odd to me

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I don't think having an asthmatic attack would make you fail a medical. Lots of footballers have asthma including David Beckham who was well-known for the ground he covered during games. No this sounds a bit odd to me

Also, Arsenal would be subject to potentially pay legal compensation to Mr Ozil and Real Madrid as the collapse of this deal would be down to the poor work of their employee(s) in charge of cleaning the trophy room.

What's the OP's sauce?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This story is full of holes, is it from some football rumours site?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

Also, surely if the cabinets had not been opened in some time, the dust gathered would be contained behind the glass? Meaning that any respiratory problems would be unlikely.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Plus, I know where the trophy room is located and that's a brilliantly ventilated room with visitors every day. Any dust problem would have been noticied immediately.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dust or no dust, people are missing the point.

Asthma is a pre-existing condition, and Arsenal would have been fully aware of this before they even began negotiations. The fact he had an asthma attack during or shortly before his medical would not have been grounds for him to fail it. Ozil has clearly been able to manage his condition effectively throughout his highly successful career, so whilst it is of course unfortunate that he had such an attack during the latter part of last nights negotiations, I fail to see how this could have had any bearing whatsoever on the transfer going through.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Dust or no dust, people are missing the point.

Asthma is a pre-existing condition, and Arsenal would have been fully aware of this before they even began negotiations. The fact he had an asthma attack during or shortly before his medical would not have been grounds for him to fail it. Ozil has clearly been able to manage his condition effectively throughout his highly successful career, so whilst it is of course unfortunate that he had such an attack during the latter part of last nights negotiations, I fail to see how this could have had any bearing whatsoever on the transfer going through.

Absolutely. Also, because the Asthma attack appears to have been induced by dust, I would expect Arsenal to take precautionary measures to prevent an incident (in which they are to blame) occurring again. Not fail his medical because his pre-existing condition has been triggered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here