Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's (not) on the move on transfer deadline day? [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
9:39pm
Just an update on an earlier update - Peter Ramage goes to Barnsley rather than Bolton. Season-long loan. Barnsley come south on Dec 3.

9:21pm
Right, as we have been officially told by both*Albion and Crawley*that there will be no action tonight, I'm going to leave this blog for now and get on with something else.
Of course will be back on here and Twitter should that change.
I will leave you with the words of Palace legend John Salako in The Argus last week.
“I like Ulloa's touch, his awareness, his movement. He sees very big pictures of the game going on around him. I think he is very subtle with his touches. If he had another half a yard or yard of pace he would be, without a doubt, a top, top player. He holds the ball up, he is always available, is prepared to run the line, he works hard, he tracks back for the team and he is a born goalscorer.
No wonder they*wanted him!

9:11pm
Former Crewe wonderkid Nick Powell is coming to the Championship, on loan from Manchester Utd to Wigan for the season.

9:09pm
It appears Albion's next visitors Bolton could*have Palace defender Peter Ramage and (they hope) Stoke winger Michael Kightly in their ranks when they head south for Spanish Day. Bolton are looking to push through the deals tonight or, if not,*in the loan window. But Kightly may well end up at Burnley.

8:57pm
Here's one of QPR's new arrivals....

8:52pm
Meanwhile Albion's next opponents Reading are still hoping to net a striker but there are reports two deals fell through earlier in the day.

8:48pm
"I might suddenly make a couple of late swoops," Harry Redknapp, boss of Albion's forthcoming opponents QPR, tells 5live. Tom Carroll is likely to be one. 'Arry says he is also likely to bring in "good players" on loan.

8:41pm
Albion have just tweeted that their football operations and media staff have left The Amex. There will be nothing to report.

8:14pm
A top source in East Lancs says Burnley's final offer for Ashley Barnes was £500,000 - but Albion turned them down.

8:08pm
Just tweeted a picture of the man who returned to action today, albeit for 30 minutes, Bruno.

8:07pm
Confirmation again that we do not expect late activity involving Albion.
By the way,*suggestions you might have read*about Ulloa wanting to go back to*Spain does not tally at all either with what he told me when we chatted on three occasions very recently or with what he has told a contact in Spain.
Of course his recently-arrived family will need some settling-in time, especially as the weather gets colder. And of course clubs and footballers always have to keep options open to a degree in case a*fantastic offer*comes along. But all indications are that Ulloa is happy where he is.

7:49pm
Looking at the wider context of the Championship, there seems be activity expected both in and out of Charlton tonight.

7:36pm
My contact on SUPER, the sports paper in Valencia, has confirmed he*has heard nothing about*Vicente finding himself*a club. Not that it is something he is chasing - but he would have heard had Vicente been linked with a club in Spain.

7:30pm
Thought I'd tweet that last photo to show an admittedly out of focus Andrew Crofts working out with Wales this afternoon.

7:26pm
Albion's next opponents Reading are aiming*to have a new striker in by 11pm.

7:05pm
Bullet points from our call to Crawley boss Richie Barker a few minutes ago.

• No transfer activity expected*this evening.
  • The unidentified club who were in for Kyle McFadzean did not come back in today.
  • There was interest in Nicky Adams but he did NOT want to leave.

6:58pm
It won't affect Albion for now but Millwall have extended Shaun Derry's loan deal until January 1.
Derry was answering a few questions about his future in the mixed zone at The Amex on Saturday.
The Lions have looked a bit more solid of late although I thought Derry was badly caught out by Andrea Orlandi in the incident which led to Alan Dunne's second yellow card on Saturday.
The Seagulls visit Millwall on March 1.

6:54pm
Crystal Palace - the club who have had just the odd mention in Albion-related*transfer stories today - have signed Aston Villa midfielder Barry Bannan for three years.

6:47pm
Richie Barker will be offering his assessment of how his squad looks after deadline day in The Argus tomorrow.

6:44pm
Our Crawley man Steve Hollis is on the phone now, checking all is quiet with Richie Barker.
I'm eavesdropping here but it sounds like that is indeed the case. Nothing likely to happen this evening.
If so, I'd say it has been a good few days for the Reds.

6:30pm
Well, @sendformethen, there was the link with Nacho Cases at Sporting. My oppo in Gijon was adamant Albion were keen on him. Cases, an Orlandi-type attacking midfielder,*remains at Sporting where he looks set to run down the last year of his contract.

6:17pm
With reference to the archive picture of a few minutes ago...

6:14pm
Of course, he had also left the building when Deano, David and Dobbie signed on August 31 last year!!!

6:13pm
Andy Naylor has left the building.

6:12pm
Remember the end of the summer market three years ago? Albion secured these three players and paraded them the following night ahead of a Johnstone's Paint Trophy defeat by Leyton Orient.
Kazenga LuaLua joined on loan from Newcastle and Fran Sandaza was on board as a free agent having been released by Dundee United.
On the right of the picture is Torbjorn Agdestein, the only genuine deadline-beating full transfer of the three. I always wonder whether the way he was announced to the crowd, such as it was, that night maybe gave the impression he was a more high profile signing than was actually the case.
In fact, "Toby" was a development squad addition at the time and never played the starring role enjoyed by LuaLua and, when the occasion demanded, a goal.
He is now at Inverness while Sandaza plies his trade at Lugo in the Spanish second tier.

6:06pm
2618526.jpg

6:05pm
Right, as the lull continues, memories of a deadline day from the past....

5:59pm
While other players have got themselves fixed up - or at least popped up on a trial somewhere - it has all been very quiet regarding Vicente.
Perhaps that is reflected in news earlier today - as reported by Andy Naylor - that*now would be a good time for Albion to make him an offer.
The former Valencia man and his family told us they were happy in Brighton when we spoke to them in May but, at the same time,*I got the impression Vicente was set on a return to Spain.
He told David Lopez the same when they met up this summer. But it appears no offer has been forthcoming. Just a chance to go and play in Greece.

5:33pm
Don't think Jim White will be getting too excited about that one!

5:31pm
Here's the breaking news from Reds....

5:29pm
Crawley have announced some news is imminent from the Checkatrade.com Stadium as it is now called.
No idea what it is but our Reds man Steve Hollis is here ready to handle it....

5:19pm
I take it Calde is not impressed by deadline day.

4:54pm
Crawley*Town's press office announced several hours ago they would be shutting down relatively early and going home to watch TV.
I seem to remember them saying something similar at the end of the January window, then being called back to work to sort out a late deal.
Not saying that will happen tonight. Just saying you can never be sure.

4:44pm
In other news, I caught some of that Development Squad game at QPR on the live stream, earlier. Great goal by George Barker from a nice move to wipe out Rangers' early lead.
Commentator Tony Incenzo seemed impressed by Lewis Dunk, albeit unsure of his track record.
And it was amusing to hear them talk about players who might be back for the first team game at Loftus Road on September 18, wondering whether "Bruno" among others would be back in action while commentating on "Saltor" running down the wing in front of them.

4:39pm
It has been interesting to follow things off and on from afar so far today.
Clearly*Crystal Palace are looking for some presence in attack.
So what were the options than 'Olly. Vaz Te from West Ham? Bendtner?
Hold on. Who's that man from Argentina?
(This clip requires volume to be turned on)

4:26pm
Afternoon everyone, Brian Owen here taking over the blog from my colleague Mike Legg.
I seem to remember being here with Leggy*a little more than a year*ago updating signing after signing by the Seagulls on August 31. There was that classic photo of Gus Poyet staring at his phone in his office at The Amex. We didn't know if he was checking for news on signings or just staring in disbelief at how Atletico Madrid were taking*Chelsea apart in the Super Cup!
No European trophies being sorted out tonight. We're not expecting a flood of signings either - but you never know.

4:18pm
Free agent Lee Camp has signed for West Brom. The former Derby and Forest goalkeeper joins on a rolling monthly contract until January

4:04pm
Genk's Belgium international ace Jelle Vossen is said to be a target for Middlesbrough.

3:58pm
Nottingham Forest believed to be*in talks with Hull City about a move for striker Matty Fryatt.
And Sky reckon Wigan are chasing Blackburn Rovers striker*Jordan Rhodes with £6million on offer

3:53pm
Not many turned out to see Joe Baker's unveiling it seems looking at the picture below. Mind you, at least he was spared embarrassing himself with the keepy uppies in his brogues. Never easy, trust me.
Baker joined Arsenal for a club record fee of £70,000 in 1962. Arsenal are about to smash their transfer record today

3:40pm
Striker Harry Bunn joins Sheffield United on a 28-day youth loan from Man City.

3:38pm
Not good news for Chelsea fans if it is true PSG are to open talks with Juan Mata with a view to a move to the French capital. L'Equipe reckon it could happen tonight

3:29pm
Sorry about that bit of a break there. Been talking Brighton signings but this time with the rugby club's player-coach Neil McGovern. They start life in London One this season after promotion last season.

2:50pm
Liverpool papers are reporting Everton's bid to take former Albion youngster Gareth Barry on loan from Manchester City are likely to fail.

2:39pm
2582748.jpg
After the lull comes the storm.
Arch-rivals Palace reported to have upped their bid for Liam Bridcutt to £2million.
Billy Davies' Nottingham Forest also said to be joining the chase for the midfielder.
That comes from The Daily Telegraph's Midlands reporter.

2:11pm
Former Albion loan signing Abdul Razak has joined Anzhi Makhachkala on loan for the season. Never set the world alight at Seagulls and a move to Russia could make or break him it could be argued.

1:58pm
Sky Sports reckon Stoke City are close to signing Aston Villa's Stephen Ireland on a season-long loan deal.
Blackpool were reportedly interested in taking the Villa outcast so that could scupper any interest they had.

1:33pm
Crawley's League One rivals Sheffield United*have bagged Belgian Florent Cuvelier on a three-year deal foran undisclosed fee from Stoke City.

1:16pm
Marouane Fellaini could be on his way to Old Trafford and a reunion with former boss David Moyes. Talks are said to be progressing well.

1:03pm
Last Saturday's Albion opponents Millwall have terminated forward Dany N'Guessan's contract by mutual consent. Crawley's League One rivals Swindon could be his next destination.

12:53pm
Start the car ... West Brom are reported to have given Cardiff City permission to talk to striker Peter Odenwingie

12:34pm
Bruno on the bench for Albion development team against QPR.

12:05pm
Jack Hunt's move to Crystal Palace is a four-year deal and undisclosed fee.*

12:01pm
It's not confirmed but it looks as if Arsenal are finally going to spend. They have agreed a 50m euros deal with Real Madrid to sign Germany midfielder Mesut Ozil. That's over £42million in English money

11:31am
Excitement mounting as Gareth Bale's unveiling in Madrid nears. Obligatory keepy uppies from the wing wizard will be expected after he passed his medical earlier today

11:05am
Victor Moses on loan to Liverpool from Chelsea in a bit of Premier League movement. Plenty of pace in the Reds attack this season

10:58am
Guaranteed Albion signings tomorrow - at the club shop.
Head coach Oscar, Jones, Andrews, Agustien and Ward will be at the*Seagulls Superstore*between 2pm and 3pm
Free name printing on the back of shirts too - handy if Seagulls sign Jan Venegoor of Hesselink. Save a fortune.

10:42am
Wigan believed to be in the hunt for Stoke's Cameron Jerome as well as Reading. Two clubs with clout battling it out there

10:27am
It is not a new signing at Albion but having Bruno back from injury is welcome news for Oscar Garcia. More competition for places in defence.

10:02am
Former Albion loan signing Bradley Johnson reckons transfer deadline day should be a national holiday. I bet productivity is down in most offices where football fans are sat at a computer or have their phone to hand.

9:58am
Crawley obviously not expecting much business in or out then. Reds fans will be relieved if they can keep hold of Kyle McFadzean. His stock may have risen a nothc in the wake of Crawley's 2-0 win over Peterborough on Saturday.

9:52am
Championship Derby County are expected to wait until the emergency loan marker opens to bring in cover for their injured midfielder Jeff Hendrick

9:43am
It's gone a bit quiet. Here's one the BBC and Sky Sports seemed to have missed. County League East Preston striker George Gaskin has left the club and*rejoined Littlehampton Town. Fee undisclosed

9:09am
Liverpool set their alarms clocks early, they have done their second signing of the day - completing a deal for Paris St-Germain defender Mamadou Sakho. He arrives fast on the heels of Sporting Lisbon's Tiago Llori

8:40am
A quick perusal of Twitter suggest Albion fans expect no incomings and fear outgoings. We'll see.

8:36am
Of course the main interest for Seagulls and Reds fans right now is in deal they hope WON'T happen. As things stand it appears Leo Ulloa, Liam Bridcutt and Kyle McFadzean will still be at their current clubs come midnight.
Updates from both Albion and Reds are in The Argus today. As, indeed, is in-depth coverage and reaction to the Seagulls' 1-1 draw with Millwall and Crawley's excellent win at Peterborough.
Just in case you missed it, here's the online latest from Albion which went on our website this morning.
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/10647133.Deadline_Day__Albion_reject_Palace_bids_for_star_duo/

8:29am
Here we go then - last day of the transfer window and a*final chance, for now, for teams to bring in players on full transfers.
Of course there is still the loan window to come and teams can snap up free agents outside the transfer wind,w
But deadline day is always a time for plenty of activity around the divisions. We'll keep an eye on what is going on at Albion and Crawley, plus any other deals which affect our clubs indirectly or are of interest for other reasons.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here