Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does this mean improved contracts for the wanted 3 (Ulloa,Bridcutt and Barnes)

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Do you think we will be spending our transfer budget on negotiating improved contracts for Ulloa and Bridcutt?
Ulloa has earned one.
If Bridcutt contract expires in 2015 we do not want him running it down.
We did this with Buckley in January when offers where received.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ulloa got a 4yr deal didn't he. Maybe even 4 1/2 yrs. Gus did fantastic on this deal.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If they deserve it compared to others in the division, then it wouldn't be bad, if it's in return for extending their contracts .... giving the club more power if and when they do eventually get sold, to hopefully to give us much higher fees.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think Bridcutt will go in January, unless we are in play-off contention. I still think if we got £3m - £4m it would be good business.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ulloa got a 4yr deal didn't he. Maybe even 4 1/2 yrs. Gus did fantastic on this deal.
How come Gus is responsible for that deal, and Burke is responsible for a the 'bad' deals?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Liam was offered a fortune by Forest. More likely waiting for a decent Prem team in January than an improved contract if, as appears, he said no.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Liam was offered a fortune by Forest. More likely waiting for a decent Prem team in January than an improved contract if, as appears, he said no.

It was confirmed by Andy Naylor that Forest didn't make a bid. They made an enquiry on the back of the Palace bid.
Barnes already has a new deal on the table.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Not what I heard from a chance meeting with someone who definitely knows what he is talking about. Wages were mentioned and the suggestion was it was up to the player. Maybe changes happened but all I know is what I asked. Palace bid for Leo, Liam and Kaz and were rebuffed on all of them. Forest bid for Liam and wages were discussed. Beyond that, I have no idea.

Not fair to mention the individual and I couldn't give a monkey's who believes me. But the provenance was very string.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How come Gus is responsible for that deal, and Burke is responsible for a the 'bad' deals?

I never said Burke was responsible for the bad deals?! We'll for starters Burke wasn't at the club!! Wed been tracking him for over a yr. Yes of course many people & scouts would've been involved but Gus seemed to know his Foreigners and I'd imagine would've pushed for a big contract?

Why, since Gus has left, is it frowned upon to praise his fantastic work he did for our club?

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Not what I heard from a chance meeting with someone who definitely knows what he is talking about. Wages were mentioned and the suggestion was it was up to the player. Maybe changes happened but all I know is what I asked. Palace bid for Leo, Liam and Kaz and were rebuffed on all of them. Forest bid for Liam and wages were discussed. Beyond that, I have no idea.

Not fair to mention the individual and I couldn't give a monkey's who believes me. But the provenance was very string.
:facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I never said Burke was responsible for the bad deals?! We'll for starters Burke wasn't at the club!! Wed been tracking him for over a yr. Yes of course many people & scouts would've been involved but Gus seemed to know his Foreigners and I'd imagine would've pushed for a big contract?

Why, since Gus has left, is it frowned upon to praise his fantastic work he did for our club?
It wasn't a personal dig.

The timescale did cross my mind but I figured it was worth a punt.

It's a part of the assumed agenda being peddled by those who know nothing, that's beginning to get on my tits.
Barber bad, Tony good.
Gus Garcia good, Burke bad.
Sodexo bad, Lindley's good.
Barnes bad, Barnes good!!!

It's inconceivable to many that anybody 'bad' is capable of doing a good job, and visa-versa.

Even though the club is a multi million pound operation run by numerous people, who all report up to someone else, until you get to TB.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here