Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Musical assistance sil vous plait

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
After finishing my OU degree I am looking to do something new and I have a cheapie electric guitar which is ok, but I have been advised that an acoustic/ Spanish guitar is best to learn on.

Anyway, anyone had experience of learning on this type of guitar ad if so, how much should I expect to pay for one to learn on? eBay has loads at all sorts of prices!

Any advice will be gratefully received

:smile:

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
Yamaha may not make the very best instruments but they never make a shit one either. Safe bet.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yamaha may not make the very best instruments but they never make a shit one either. Safe bet.

Are they horrendously priced?

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
This is what I use. It is lovely and was great to learn on. It is a Tanglewood TW47

TW47_nat.jpg

http://guitarvillage.uk.com/product/10296-141/Tanglewood-TW47-E-New-Natural.aspx

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I wish I had even half of your desire for life. I seem to be wasting mine.
I admire you for that

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Great go for it played in a band at school and sold all my gear when son born fender strat, ac 30 amp, Watkins cry baby,copy cat etc probably worth fortunes now, lol but got to 50 and bought a tangle wood acoustic only cheap and loved it. Since then got another strat (cheap squeir) cheap bass and play around when bored with a bottle of vodka. Love it .nobody in the rest of the house does though

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Get a second hand one <£20. Classical guitar (nylon strings) is easier on your fingers if it's just going to be a hobby. Also the strings are further apart which is handy if, like me, you've got sausages for fingers.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Get a second hand one <£20. Classical guitar (nylon strings) is easier on your fingers if it's just going to be a hobby. Also the strings are further apart which is handy if, like me, you've got sausages for fingers.

Fair advice but if you are serious then go for steel string as your fingers need to adapt/harden. However you can always begin with nylon and then change them of the guitar. I am just saying as I went straight to steel and had no problem.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Go to cash converters or whatever they are called now buy a £30 acoustic and practise on that. You should in a few day be able to start to play the electric a bit but will find the strings may make the tips of your fingers sore so keep using the acoustic till they harden up.

The acoustic will also help you get the rhythm of the tune and that will help you later on with the electric

scooter1

How soon is now?
It depends on the style of music you want to play. Classical guitars have a wide neck and a generally high action, not easy to play chords on. Go for a full size dreadnought guitar with either phosphor, or 80/20 bronze strings and you'll get a nice sounding acoustic guitar, that should be easy enough to play

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Got a steel stringed 'Fender' Parlour guitar at GAK in North Street for £120. Lovely little thing to noodle on. The greatest website/app in the world (fact) is Ultimate Guitar. Chord diagrams, lyrics and above all the chance to play along with your favourite songs; including obscure album tracks.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Great stuff. Thanks folks I will take your advices.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here