Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nothing doing

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC 54s
Football operations and media staff have all left the Amex. No ins or outs to report today. Loan window opens next week. #BHAFC

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
No surprise but still disappointing. I know I'll get slagged off for being negative but the squad looks nowhere strong enough for a promotion challenge and I think we'll do very well to finish in the top half. I guess Tony Bloom had put in a ridiculous amount of money to the club so it's fair enough that he is now putting a stop on the investment into the playing side of things.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
happy

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'm happy with that.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Can't be true. The Palace trolls on here tell us they can pick and choose who they want from Championship clubs.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What a great window for us.

Some good players in - a long way before deadline day - and we've lost no one.

Barker, maybe Dunk out in the loan window, a striker in, and perhaps a midfielder in as well.

Should see us OK until nearly January, and any 93 days loans could even get converted to full season ones when the next transfer window opens.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No surprise but still disappointing. I know I'll get slagged off for being negative but the squad looks nowhere strong enough for a promotion challenge and I think we'll do very well to finish in the top half. I guess Tony Bloom had put in a ridiculous amount of money to the club so it's fair enough that he is now putting a stop on the investment into the playing side of things.

Since August 2012, we've added Bruno, Crofts, TomKusz, Orlandi, Spanish Dave, Ulloa, Upson, Ward, Andrews, and Agustien. All, Ulloa aside, players either internationals or substantial top flight experience.
We've offered new contracts to Buckley, Barnes (apparently) & El Abd. And still have lengthy contracts with CMS, Bridcutt, Lua Lua, and Calde. This is a much stronger squad that last year finished 4th in the championship. (Bridge aside)

And looks like we've started to develop real young prospects such as Ince, JFC, Dunk, March and Starkey.
We've sold or lost Bridge, Vicente but also Dobbie, Noone, Painter, Dicker, Harley, Elphick, and Navarro. None of which anyone on NSC is clamouring for a return.
The days of Murray and a transfer deadline day trio of Sandoza, Lua Lua (on loan) and Adgenstein are long gone.
We've also supposedly just turned down multi million pound offers for our two biggest players. We're not a selling club.

Bridge and Vicente aside. We've strengthened our squad substantially in Summer 12, Sept 12, Jan 13, and Summer 13 only losing Bridge and Vicente who rarely played ie: continuously over the last 13 months. Is the squad going to win promotion ? Who knows , its a very difficult league with teams with substantially bigger , Sky fuelled, budgets than us. Is our squad capable of being Top 6 though and stronger than at end of Deadline Day last year. Definitely...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
the squad looks nowhere strong enough for a promotion challenge and I think we'll do very well to finish in the top half.

What utter nonsense.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Since August 2012, we've added Bruno, Crofts, TomKusz, Orlandi, Spanish Dave, Ulloa, Upson, Ward, Andrews, and Agustien. All, Ulloa aside, players either internationals or substantial top flight experience.
We've offered new contracts to Buckley, Barnes (apparently) & El Abd. And still have lengthy contracts with CMS, Bridcutt, Lua Lua, and Calde. This is a much stronger squad that last year finished 4th in the championship. (Bridge aside)

And looks like we've started to develop real young prospects such as Ince, JFC, Dunk, March and Starkey.
We've sold or lost Bridge, Vicente but also Dobbie, Noone, Painter, Dicker, Harley, Elphick, and Navarro. None of which anyone on NSC is clamouring for a return.
The days of Murray and a transfer deadline day trio of Sandoza, Lua Lua (on loan) and Adgenstein are long gone.
We've also supposedly just turned down multi million pound offers for our two biggest players. We're not a selling club.

Bridge and Vicente aside. We've strengthened our squad substantially in Summer 12, Sept 12, Jan 13, and Summer 13 only losing Bridge and Vicente who rarely played ie: continuously over the last 13 months. Is the squad going to win promotion ? Who knows , its a very difficult league with teams with substantially bigger , Sky fuelled, budgets than us. Is our squad capable of being Top 6 though and stronger than at end of Deadline Day last year. Definitely...

:thumbsup:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I'm very relieved we've not lost anyone and am a bit indifferent none have come in. 12 months ago we were very busy, so feels a bit anticlimactic to some degree.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
TBH with a fully fit squad and maybe a couple of loanees to cover us in the short term then we aren't too far away from being ok. It's about getting a squad to work well which supposedly one of OG's strengths. Plus it means we don't have to spray big money around unless a real gem comes along.

We are never going to compete with the parachute money so best to ignore those Clubs and enjoy taking points off them. Like last season they won't all turn out to be contenders.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here