Votes: 11 9.1%
  • shut up you ****

Votes: 6 5.0%

• Total voters

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Real Madrid will probably recoup that fee in merchandise sales at some point. That's what happened to Ronaldo.

He makes RM money, think of it as an investment.

This is the really quite simple concept that a lot of people don't get. If Bale inspires Madrid to La Liga/Champions League then the money they will make from increased revenue through TV money/shirt sales/sponsorship etc will dwarf his transfer fee and wages.

franks brother

Probably the greatest transfer ever. A player who hasn't even been short listed for world player of the year goes for a world record fee. Allowing spurs to spend huge amounts of money assembling a squad that is good enough to lose to arsenal by just a single goal.

Oct 25, 2003
This is the really quite simple concept that a lot of people don't get. If Bale inspires Madrid to La Liga/Champions League then the money they will make from increased revenue through TV money/shirt sales/sponsorship etc will dwarf his transfer fee and wages.

perhaps. I definitely got why they paid that much money for Ronaldo, and before him Beckham. I'm not convinced that Bale has the marketing draw of those two though

franks brother

Good Luck Gareth!
a few phrases to start him off. Not sure they are right.

Tiene Welsh rarebit ?
Do you have Welsh rarebit ?

Tienes cualquier CD Max Boyce
Do you have any Max Boyce CD's?

If Chris Coleman calls, tell him I'm injured.
Si llama a Chris Coleman, Dile que estoy lesionado

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/8961?cc=5739

An interesting article by Shaun Smith, an FT reporter.

Those revenues have made the Spanish giants the biggest club in the world. Real Madrid topped the Deloitte's Annual Review of Football Finance for the fourth year running with an annual revenue of €513 million (£440 million) for its 2011-12 accounts.

And that figure is going up: Revenue has risen at least 10 percent year on year for the last four seasons. Real Madrid -- even without a boost in revenue from a new marquee signing like Bale -- would expect to post an extra £80 million in revenue by the end of next season.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I would've said that eventually a player would cost that much. But I can honestly say I didn't think it would be Bale.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here