Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this the most boring D-Day ever, from our point of view?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Even though it's obvious to every man and his dog, that we need a striker. We seem to be linked with no one at all. All leaves you feeling a bit underwhelmed really. Especially on the day another deposit comes out of the bank account and into the club coffers.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Even though it's obvious to every man and his dog, that we need a striker. We seem to be linked with no one at all. All leaves you feeling a bit underwhelmed really. Especially on the day another deposit comes out of the bank account and into the club coffers.

Hope so.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
bore off. if we keep ulloa and bridcutt, thats good business. no point getting the wrong person in. remeber dobbie? things are working as is and our crocked strikers will be back shortlt. now to repeat, bore off.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All we actually NEED is another striker.
Tomorrow, Premier League squad day, loan strikers will become available.

In the meantime no business equals a result.

What more do you want?

Oct 25, 2003
it might be boring but it's not particularly sensible to do your business on transfer deadline day as most of the time you get royally ripped off

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Will be quite a coup to keep everyone i think. We do need another creative midfielder and most obviously a striker but suspect we'll get one or both in on loan.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Loan striker if required in the coming month. I'm still not convinced we do actually need one either. We haven't failed to score in any game and are unbeaten in three.

Keep LB and LU and things look good.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Has it escaped everyone's notice that missed chances and the lack of another option up front is a real issue. If we lose against Reading it will be 7 pts from 6 games, which is relegation form and then Qpr to come next.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Has it escaped everyone's notice that missed chances and the lack of another option up front is a real issue. If we lose against Reading it will be 6 pts from 6 games, which is relegation form and then Qpr to come next.

are you just copying and pasting your posts from last year?

Oct 25, 2003
we were never going to BUY a striker were we? we have 4 senior centre forwards in the squad and on the wage bill....a striker is only ever going to be a loan signing

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
are you just copying and pasting your posts from last year?

Let's get one thing straight, you clearly like to take the piss. But your view is we don't need a striker, even though we have no striker on the bench in the last two games??? I just want to establish that's what you think. If you have nothing constructive to say why don't you just say nothing???

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Dobbie came in last thing on DD...

Therefore, like others have said, I'll be delighted if no one leaves. We can wait for the Prem 25's to be named and then take it from there. I think I'm right in saying the loan window opens before the Reading game, so it won't affect anything.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Let's get one thing straight, you clearly like to take the piss. But your view is we don't need a striker, even though we have no striker on the bench in the last two games??? I just want to establish that's what you think. If you have nothing constructive to say why don't you just say nothing???

i'm sorry, i'm obviously mis-interpreting your whining as constructive. Also, as we have players capable of scoring, who are not out and out strikers, i would say no, it doesnt matter that there isnt one on the bench.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Pot kettle black.

We may get a loan striker in, when the Prem squads have been finalised.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And to think some (Husty mainly) we're suggesting the budget is as big as last yr. It really isn't as it stands. Nowhere near.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
FFP has made is a a pretty boring D-Day in general.

I am still holding hope that we make a late signing or two though.

It's certainly been quiet in the championship there's only been one signing all day and that's a loan signing by Blackpool.

Oct 25, 2003
And to think some (Husty mainly) we're suggesting the budget is as big as last yr. It really isn't as it stands. Nowhere near.

or we just haven't found the right players....there's no rule saying we have to spend every penny of our budget....we might have loads left

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
i'm sorry, i'm obviously mis-interpreting your whining as constructive. Also, as we have players capable of scoring, who are not out and out strikers, i would say no, it doesnt matter that there isnt one on the bench.

Tell me, six games in and who apart from Ulloa & Crofts has scored a goal from all these players you mention??? We have plenty of players who squander chances, i'll give you that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here